Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Poker Blue?

I actually won one of those freerolls for the WPT Legends seats.

Now that it's over, I don't feel particularly bad about expressing my opinion:

* The site has little, annoying bugs everywhere.
- Sometimes (for example) seat 1 will be the button, seat 2 gets cards, seat 3 is the SB, and seat 4 is the BB.
- Their cashier is weird and wrong; I deposited $600, sat down at a 2/4 table with $80, and checked the cashier which told me: "Available money: $520 / Money at tables: -$80 / Total: $440"
- If you're invited to a special freeroll tourney, they have to flip a flag on your account, which requires you to log out and log back in to actually see the freeroll in the list -- meaning, as a side effect, that you can't railbird their special freerolls.

* The use of bots at all tables to appear like it's a busier site than it actually is is well-documented

* Their tournament structure is.. well, brain-damaged.
- After the first (or perhaps second?) level, anyone who hasn't yet connected to play gets taken off the tables. This means that, if you're at a table with a couple people sitting out, it's actually in your best interests to play as quickly as possible to get as much of the absent players' money on the table before it's removed.
- They never, ever introduce antes. This leads to endgames where the chip-leader has only one or two times the big blind available. If I wanted to play roulette, I would've gone to a roulette table.

Now, having said that, they're offering seat freerolls again, and if they continue to be as small as they have been (I had to beat 92 people to win my seat, and that was the second-largest field, of five total) the overlay for a WPT or WSOP circuit seat is on the order of $50-$100ish, which might make it worthwhile to actually fight through the four hours of bot-land necessary to get access to the freeroll.