Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2004, 11:49 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Analyze this hand from different perspectives

This hand took place, i will give you everyone's hole cards and the flop and ask for your actions for each respective player, then follow up with the turn and river. 2+2 table from a few weeks ago.

Folded to middle position who limps with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB completes with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the BB checks with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Now how should everyone play and what do you think the flop action looked like. If you were one of the other two in this hand...shhhhh.

Old 01-21-2004, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Analyze this hand from different perspectives

55 should bet out, Q8 call, AA raise , 55 3-bet, Q8 calls (while swearing to himself), AA Caps, all call (Q8 swears again and hopes he isnt up against A9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
Old 01-21-2004, 12:10 PM

Based on responnses to my hand from last nights table and my running saga with trips I think ;

55 should bet out (looking to 3 bet if possible)
Q8 should raise
AA will probably be thinking oh no but at this point has to three bet 55 will then cap (but probably be worrying about trip 9's) all call and onto the turn with a nice juicy big pot.

However this being the 2+2 table I suspect come people may have tried to be tricky.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:41 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Turn

BB aa bet, MP 55 raised, SB four flush 3-bet(?), BB capped. Now the SB's play seems a bit suspect(after the fact), and what do you read each player as having, and how do you proceed from now when the k [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] falls on the turn?
Old 01-21-2004, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However this being the 2+2 table I suspect come people may have tried to be tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't take this into consideration, in fact, I feel this hand was played staight forward.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 01-21-2004, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Turn

This is hard as you have given us all the info but here goes.

SB - has too choices check call or bet out and jam hoping to hit an out, knows he is behind but is going to the river. I think given the action on the flop he should bet out, if he doesnt he may be faced with a 2 bet cold call if mp trie to raise again to isolate, betting here may get him the next card cheaply.

AA - Suspects the draw is out there is hoping the other player is holding tptk but is probably worried about 99 being out there or a two pair. Has to raise though make the draw pay.

55 - Will probably assume a draw is there too suspect with action on the flop is slightly worried about 99 and now KK but is hoping its tptk, three bets.

back to SB who calls, AA calls as well hand is hidden but has been two 3 bets on each street so may feel hand is vunerable.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:31 PM

oops I misread the order [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 01:41 PM

and stupidly I saw your order and used it for mine as well.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Turn

I like the SB raise because now MP has to worry about a set of nines, and SB will probably win if his card hits. Rockets also must be holding onto his privates as he caps, and tighter when the K falls. Since this is 2+2 table I'm sure a similar betting pattern materialized after the turn.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:56 PM

OK, in the right order: [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SB bets his 4-flush
BB raises AA to try and knock out any further draws
MP calls with his set, figuring any draws which will call 2 bets will call three and he may as well wait to raise the turn. If the turn is a spade, he can go into call mode or fold.
SB calls the single raise.