Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2004, 01:31 PM

Default Quiz #2

Awhile back I posted a quiz asking what the majority of 2+2 posters would do versus what I did when faced with these situations. I thought the results were very interesting so here is Quiz #2. Please post your answers (either raise, call or fold) without looking at other responses. I'll keep a running tab on where the results stand.

1. Black A-A LMP. UTG open raises, MP calls, you 3-bet, button calls 3 cold, SB caps, BB and all call.

Flop [Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. SB bets, all call to you. Action?

2. A-A in MP. UTG+1 limps, folded to you and you raise. BB and UTG+1 call.

Flop [A-Q-10 R]. BB checks, UTG+1 bets, you raise, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn 4-[A-Q-10], 3 suits. UTG+1 checks, you bet, UTG+1 check-raises, you 3-bet, UTG+1 calls.

River is an 8, no 3-flush. UTG+1 checks, you bet, UTG+1 check-raises. Action?

3. 10-8s in the CO. 2 limpers to Mr. Anytwo who raises in MP, folded to you. Action?

4. K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. 5 limpers and you complete, BB checks. Flop [8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. Action?

5. J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. 4 limpers, you raise, BB and all call.

Flop [A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]. BB bets, 2 limpers fold, MP raises, CO calls. Action?

6. A-Ko LMP. UTG limps, folded to you and you raise, both blinds and limper calls.

Flop [K-9-4, 2 suits]. Blinds check, UTG bets, you raise, blinds fold, UTG 3-bets, you cap.

Turn is a Q, no 3-flush. UTG bets. Action?

7. Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB. 3 limpers, SB completes, you check.

Flop [Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]. SB checks, you bet, only button and SB call.

Turn K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]. SB checks, you bet, button raises, SB calls. Action?

8. A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG. You open-limp. 3 more limpers and both blinds in.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. It gets checked around.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. Checked to you and you bet, MP and button call, others fold.

River J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]. You bet, MP raises, button 3-bets. Action?

Thanks for participating!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Quiz #2

1) Raise. If he 3-bets, call and check/call to the river unless the fourth flush card hits.

2) Flat call.

3) Fold, unless he's a maniac. Just because they play any two doesn't mean they raise any two preflop.

4) Bet, raise, 3-bet, cap, as much as possible. Jam that [censored].

5) Coldcall. This hand merits a look at the turn.

6) Bet out. If raised, call and check/call the river. If called, bet the river.

7) Muck.

8) Cap.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:32 PM

1 - Raise the cheap st.

2 - Call (UTG+1 = KJ)

3 - Fold

4 - Check Raise

5 - Fold

6 - Raise

7 - Call

8 - 50/50 on this Call/Fold, I'd a played it differently but since the quiz bet the turn i'd probably call it down. I feel I've been slow played considering the the river action. Chop?

Old 01-14-2004, 02:43 PM

Hey Festus:

1. Raise

2. Call

3. Fold

4. Bet

5. Fold

6. Call

7. Fold

8. I abstain

--Rico
Old 01-14-2004, 02:48 PM

#1 raise

#2 call

#3 fold

#4 bet

#5 fold

#6 raise

#7 call

#8 crying call
Old 01-14-2004, 03:00 PM

1. Raise
2. Call
3. Fold
4. Bet
5. Fold
6. Call
7. Call
8. Call

Comments
1. Not close.
2. He's checkraised you twice knowing you could have AA/QQ/TT so I'm beginning to suspect the nuts.
3. Not close.
4. I can't think of any reason to do anything but bet.
5. Rainbow flop, I would call. Two-tone board turns a marginal call into a fold.
6. Hard to believe he has worse than AK at this point but the pot has gotten too big to fold headsup. KQ and 99 are likely hands.
7. Very close, but closing the action tips the scale.
8. You have too much hand to fold after no one showed strength on the turn.

Lost Wages
Old 01-14-2004, 03:02 PM

1. raise
2. raise
3. fold
4. check (to gain information)
5. fold
6. call
7. fold
8. raise
Old 01-14-2004, 03:05 PM

Feel free to tear me apart.

1. Raise
2. Call
3. Fold
4. Bet
5. Fold
6. Raise
7. Fold
8. Cap
Old 01-14-2004, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7. Very close, but closing the action tips the scale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not close, LW. If there's a flush out there, you're drawing dead. The J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] can't be considered clean outs. Also, any T puts four to the straight on the board. I would muck this every time.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:17 PM

Great questions. My answers:

1) Raise
2) Call
3) Fold
4) Bet
5) Fold
6) Call
7) Call
8) Cap