Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Results & Analysis

[ QUOTE ]
Looking at the hand from the beginning:
- I didn’t raise preflop as KJs which was most likely a mistake. Sklansky has KJs at the bottom range of raising hands from the BB. I don’t like to raise on marginal raising hands in EP, but that is something I may need to readdress into to improve my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky doesn't put marginal raising hands into his lists. If the table were nasty-tight-aggressive... sure drop the lower ranges to limps if it seems appropriate and you don't care to stomach the variance.

One thing to consider is that raising PF actually disguises your flop strength here. Most PF raising hands pretty much have to bet here and most of those don't have a heart redraw so even the little hearts can find a reason to peel. Again, the 4th heart (if it comes) is going to completely kill your action, because the highest heart anyone else can hold is the T and they aren't going to feel real confident about it. The guy with the set should go nuts on the flop anyway pumping the pot for value.