Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Online Poker - Almost Certainly Rigged

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been keeping all my hand histories because I've been impoving at such a rapid rate, the early playing is not relevant to my ability now.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you do have a girlfriend, she just lives in Canada so we wouldn't know her, right?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:45 PM

A good programmer can do anything he/she wants.

What you are describing is the process we all believe exists. I am saying that if you were correct, I would not have experienced a 1 of 100K event 3 times in 7K hands. The possibility is so remote, that anyone that isn't mildly suspicious of these events in combination with a business that is unregulated, unaudited etc... is very naive. I'm sorry if that is insulting, but you are either living in a section of the world where people behave a lot differently than the world I am used to, or you are naive. Heck, I may just be the dumbass that experienced a 1 in a million event(or whatever it is), but given the game and the conditions I'd prefer to err on the side of caution instead of wishful naivety.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:48 PM

Y'know, I think Mojo might be a shill for the poker sites! Y'know, come on here, ranting and raving about how it's fixed, and we all think, "If a crazy MF like this thinks it's fixed, there's NO WAY it is!"

By the way, Mojo, to paraphrase "Jerry McGuire", "You had me at 'nasty.'"
Old 05-16-2005, 03:49 PM

"For example, patients suffering from paranoid-type symptoms – roughly one-third of people with schizophrenia – often have delusions of persecution, or false and irrational beliefs that they are being cheated, harassed, poisoned, or conspired against."
Old 05-16-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stick it in her pooper

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much assumed this was the Official Thread Ender. Why are we still talking about this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-16-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What you are describing is the process we all believe exists. I am saying that if you were correct, I would not have experienced a 1 of 100K event 3 times in 7K hands. The possibility is so remote, that anyone that isn't mildly suspicious of these events in combination with a business that is unregulated, unaudited etc... is very naive. I'm sorry if that is insulting, but you are either living in a section of the world where people behave a lot differently than the world I am used to, or you are naive. Heck, I may just be the dumbass that experienced a 1 in a million event(or whatever it is), but given the game and the conditions I'd prefer to err on the side of caution instead of wishful naivety.

[/ QUOTE ]

most big poker sites are audited by 3rd parties.....
Old 05-16-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, I just can't help myself. I'm pretty sure I'll regret it.

It just so happens that I am a good programmer, and I can tell you with authority that the software needed to do what you propose (select particular opponents and deal them extra +EV situations) would be very complex, and would slow down the system.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's being a pompus ass now?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am saying that if you were correct, I would not have experienced a 1 of 100K event 3 times in 7K hands

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty obvious that you don't know dick about statistics

if you take ONE specific 7K hand sample, then you are unlikely to experience the aberration. if you take a 700 million hand sample, it should be trivial to find one 7K stretch in there where your 1/100K event happens 3 times, because there are so many 7K hand stretches to choose from.

in fact, if the cards follow a distribution, which they do, then you would be able to set a sample size in which it is virtually guaranteed that you will find your longshot event happening 3 times over 7K hands.

your problem is you're looking at the wrong set of hands as "the sample". that's EVERY HAND PARTY DEALS, not your tiny 7K stretch. I'm sure I have 7K stretches where it's happend 3 times, and times where it hasnt happened at all. I'm sorry you got the [censored] end, but it happens. over the extremely long run, it follows a random distribution.

Thread over. and you didnt even stick it in her pooper.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Gee and I thought a few people that posted responses might be shills for a certain group of people that have benefitted from the poker explosion by selling books. I could see why they woundn't want any scams exposed.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:54 PM

Isn't it random how randomly random events occur?

Your theory is as good as this movie.