Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:46 AM

Default What do you think

MP2 is extremely weak/tight

CO is laggy like 55/6/1.3

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>
Old 11-21-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Re: What do you think

Why no flop bet?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:48 AM

Hi Qtip why no flop bet?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why no flop bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that sucks. Bet the flop. Really don't know what happened there. Let's look at the other 2 streets though given I didn't bet.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 PM

I'd say the river is good if you think the weak guy is capable of folding a straight or a flush.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:01 PM

I don't know what you're aiming for with that river raise.

What if the extremely weak/tight player has you beat with a flush?

If he's weak/tight he would be wary of the 3 clubs on the board and probably just call the turn with his 7.

Betting the flop would be good too. Hopefully you can win it right away.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:13 PM

Well, I take it you're trying to drive out MP2's straight or flush on the river. Maybe you can -- his river check is odd -- but you're asking him to put in a lot of thought. He needs to conclude that your flop slowplay was spoiled by the scary turn card but then the river bailed you out. He also needs to come to the conclusion (if he just has a straight) that he's probably chopping with you at best and thus his odds aren't as good as they appear, since you're a big threat to have a boat or a strangely played flush.

Or I guess you could just rely on his "weak-tight" instincts to help him find a fold, for whatever reason.

I think the checkraise is all right, since CO probably just has the naked 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or nines up or something, and I don't think many players would check a flush on this river, fearing a boat. But if MP2 folded, my guess is that he didn't have a 7 after all. Maybe his 85o got counterfeited.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say the river is good if you think the weak guy is capable of folding a straight or a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I really don't think we'll get him to lay down a flush or better. I don't think he'll fold T8 either, but that's all read dependant and if he's truly "extremely tight" he might fold T8. I think the chance of MP2 folding an 8 is enough for justifying a river check/raise since we're often ahead of the LAG and splitting with MP2.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:18 PM

I would definitely bet the flop.

How about a 3-bet on the turn? I would imagine we are splitting the straight with MP2 fairly often, but CO's cold-call seems like a flush draw with a high club card to me. I think we can extract value off him here, and may not be able to get any extra bets out of him on the river.

Given how it's played, I like the river move as we potentially get the weak/tight guy off his straight. Are we folding to a 3-bet here?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:28 PM

I think the flop check is OK since we can expect the LAG to normally bet any 2 cards allowing you to check-raise.