Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 08:11 PM

Default Standard OOP play?

Opponent is 49/22/1.4 donk.
I raised a lot preflop so far and he almost always coldcalled and took the pot from me with a bet on a big street when checked to.
He wasn't that agressive, barely raised a bet of PFR with a good, but not great hand, but was certainly able to bet out if checked to with them.

Hand 1

I think I should bet the turn here.

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (3.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.70 BB.

Hand 2

who's for betting the turn and who says to play river differently?

Party Poker 5.00/10.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.70 BB.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Standard OOP play?

In hand 1 I'm either continue betting that turn or just going in to check-call mode (turn+river). The way you played it I think you have to call that river.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:34 PM

Number two gotta bet the turn too. Lotta villains will peel here and then fold the turn, and you've got a decent amount of outs when behind anyway.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:34 PM

I'm betting these turns.

[ QUOTE ]
almost always coldcalled and took the pot from me with a bet on a big street when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This means hes either hitting allot or peeling very often. Its more likely that hes peeling and bluffing with some frequency. This means your high cards have more value when they whiff on the turn because his calls give no indication that he is ahead. Second and perhaps more important, your unlikely to get a free card if you check. So if your going to see the river anyway bet those turns and pick up the FE.

If hes playing way to many hands your losing a ton if you just roll over when you miss. You need to be leading allot of turns against this guy when you miss and probably c/ring when you hit.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:38 PM

In Hand1 I can easily see him taking a shot with KJ on the river. So if I bet turn, what do I do on this river if he bets?

Hand2:
I guess if we always push hard OOP he'll raise his OK hands on the turn, and it sucks if you draw.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:42 PM

These guys can really kill you when you go cold and there very frustrating. You bet the turn and they raise you check the turn and they catch the river when there bottom cards pairs for 4th pair. Anyway

Hand 1. I would bet the turn. The way you played I would call the river.

Hand 2 bet the turn
Old 10-31-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Hand1 I can easily see him taking a shot with KJ on the river. So if I bet turn, what do I do on this river if he bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, then it's an easy check-call.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:58 PM

I think it would be really helpful if we could determine
that this kind of player

in Hand1:
-how often they peel the flop with no pair and don't continue if I bet turn (certainly not if they hold a high [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])
-how often they have a small PP and go to SD unless another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits and they have no flush
-how often they call to raise the turn?

in Hand2:

-do they peel the flop with K8o, 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] kind longshots?
-how often they have a small PP and go to SD no matter what?
-how often they call the turn with a small ace?
-how often they call to raise the turn?

Do you have any idea for these?