Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 03:15 PM

Default MLS Action 7/9

Hey guys.. in the interest of trying something new I have placed my first wager on an MLS game.

Take this post for what its worth because Im just a fan of the league and have little to no experience at all capping soccer matches to begin with..

That being said,

Bet 100 to win 80 on the NY/NJ Metros tonight home vs the LA Galaxy

Although the metros have only one win in their last 5 games, I think this is a great oppurtunity for them to put one together under new executive Alexi Lalas.

The Galaxy come into town with a run down roster due to injury and International Duty call ups.. mainly star forward Landon Donavan and 4 other defenders and midfielders.

The galaxy hasnt won a road game in over a year.

Unfortunetly for the metros they will be without slick passing midfielder Yuri Djorkaeff.

At any rate, if your interested in soccer, give this game a look.. a tired, and depleted team that isnt good on the road vs a Metrostars team who aside from some crazy late game finishes in their past few games seem to be heading in the right direction both in office and on the field.

Comments always welcome, GL [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: MLS Action 7/9

Hope atleast someone else was on this with me.. game played out pretty much as it should have with the metros doing more then their fair share of attacking.. Amado Guevara is a versatile playmaker springing ante razov for a breakaway which turned into PK oppurtunity (guevara made the PK) and also sparking eddie gaven with a creative over the top flick that lead to his goal.

hopefully I can find more oppurtunities for success in the future with MLS games [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 02:30 PM

I put quite a bit down on MLS games. I have found that the lines set for them from most of the Euro sites are pretty bad. I also play quite a bit on premier leagues from Europe and Russia since they can be very profitable if you find the right game.

One thing to take close note of are lines that are better than +120 for each side with a home team actually being favoured even though they have horrendous home records and sit low in the standings. These kind of lines come up pretty regularly in MLS games and the payoff is wonderful.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:24 PM

interesting point.. will have to start looking around more at those..

i have heard before that betting on high level soccer, especially international matchs can be pretty easy to handicap.. is this true?

I'll definetly be looking at more MLS lines after this weeks layup [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have heard before that betting on high level soccer, especially international matchs can be pretty easy to handicap.. is this true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is true, but finding the right odds for those matches is the tough part. You handicap and find a sure winner and then login to your favourite sports betting site and see a -600 next to your pick. Pretty typical. Soccer is pretty much the most popular worldwide sport (worldwide is the key there, no comments from American Football fans please) and there are people that do very well for the wagering sites to set the lines on the games.

One thing you will want to make definite note of is to pretty much stay away from 'Internation Friendly' matches. That is like wagering on a preseason baseball or basketball game. Nothing really in it for the team that completely outclasses their opponent in the books (Brazil vs. Cuba for example) but everything in it for the underdog. If you find a underdog getting +600 or more then you can do ok in the long run by placing small amounts on them, but don't expect to make good profit this way.

Good luck with it all and if you find anything decent give me a shout.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:34 AM

Dittos on finding underdogs in International Friendlies.

This is where the big bucks are made betting on soccer.

Find a Home Dog and take the draw and win, you'll do very well!