Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2005, 01:29 PM

Default What do you guys Return %

I was just going over my results for the past couple of months, and interested in if anyone else keeps track of their 'return on investment'??

Pretty simple formula, (Net $ won or lost) / (Amount Wagered)

I keep track of my results on a weekly basis, and for the past few weeks Ive calculated this to be 2.20% 4.63% and 7.90% respectively.. which means for every 100 dollars i bet I would win either 2.20, 4.63, or 7.90...

Right now my main goal is to book winning weeks.. regardless of how much (more is better obviously) but mainly staying out of the red and growing my bankroll..

Anyways, I just wanted to get a comparison of how other people look at how they are doing.. is this a good method? It seems to work for me, makes sense, and provides a useful quick look.

Comments/Suggestions on roll management etc welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: What do you guys Return %

That is exactly what we do and we do earn approximately between 5 and 6 cents on the dollar.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:17 PM

Good to know.. looks like for the most part im right on track hitting between 2-7 cents on the dollar.

Im assuming in most cases you should be updating the size of your standard bet to reflect on the growth in bankroll..

How often should I be doing this..? My current strategy is to adjust my bet size after two consecutive winning weeks.

Ive heard a from a lot of different sources of money managment what % of your total roll to use for a standard bet size.. i started around a 4% of my roll of each bet, im currently playing closer to a 1.5%.. I think its time to increase the size of my plays..

comm/sugg welcome [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2005, 03:53 PM

20Five,

We "generally" recommend to raise your bet size every time your bankroll goes up 20% overall. Sometimes our roll goes up 20% in 3 days, sometimes it takes 3 weeks. However, how often your roll goes up 20% also depends on the number of games you play in a day, your winning pct., etc. You don't seem to play too many games in a day so it might take you alot longer.

So hypothetically speaking if your bankroll was $10000 and you played 1% per game you would be playing $100 a game. You would ONLY adjust your bet size to $120 a game when your bankroll increases to $12000. Increasing your bet size too often can hurt you.

Remember DON'T GET GREEDY!!!! Unless you're hitting over 60% long term, (which is almost impossible) betting 4% per play is crazy. Greed will kill you faster than poor handicapping.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:40 PM

The %20 rule makes sense.. thats about where i sit now, so I will go home and crunch a couple numbers to see what my new bet size will be...

I generally have a total amount of money wagered during the week pretty close to my total bankroll amount when all is said and done.. This seems to be spread across about 20-25 picks a week, usually 3 or 4 plays a night.

I started off around 4% thinking that was pretty safe (when i first got into sports betting) and have since realized %2 is much steadier.. Ive also learned that generally there is no advantage to changing the size of a play a whole lot based on the strength of a pick.. I probably only do this 3 or 4 times out of my 20-25 picks per week.

I appreciate having someone experienced chime in with their techniques as I have not gotten ahold of any real material on any of these subjects... I take what I can from forums such as this and learn as I go.. sports betting has much much more to it then I originally had imagined.. looking forward to getting another winning night tonight!!

thanks sporty.. I keep meaning to check out your site I will tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

GL!
Old 03-26-2005, 04:02 AM

Had an amazing week.. went 18-8 with total bets.. for a %17.09 return..

Also glad we had talked about increasing my bet size because im on a 5-0 run since doing it!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 11:01 AM

20Five,

18-8 is a nice run. Don't do anything crazy though because you would't want to lose all you've gained if you go 5-10 your next 15.

I'm guessing you must have had some combination of Mich St./Nova/Wisconsin last night.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:40 PM

thanks sporty,

close guess.. I had Tor from the NBA along with state and nova

I start my weeks saturdays, so that one is booked.. not going to do anything differently kicking this week off but with those wins I like where my new bet size is at (roughly %3 of roll)

get money!! couldnt wait for mlb, but with hoops going like it is now whos counting [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2005, 04:08 PM

Yeah, this is my favorite time of the year. Baseball starting and the Final Four.

Baseball gives you the chance for so much action.