Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 PM

Default PP $11 - Rags in BB as big stack on the bubble

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB (t1110)
Hero (t3865)
UTG (t1605)
Button (t1420)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

UTG calls, button folds, SB folds, HERO? Read on UTG was that he was a calling station. He'd call preflop with pairs, he'd call pre-flop with rags. He'd also limped and folded to big raises 3 or 4 times late in the tourney. He took down some big pots early with junk hands.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: PP $11 - Rags in BB as big stack on the bubble

I'm still checking here. To be honest with you, I don't think you have enough fold equity to push, because now he's only got 1300 behind and he's going to eat a blind on the next hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

UTG calls, button folds, SB folds, HERO? Read on UTG was that he was a calling station. He'd call preflop with pairs, he'd call pre-flop with rags. He'd also limped and folded to big raises 3 or 4 times late in the tourney. He took down some big pots early with junk hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I push. If he's limped and folded to big raises late in the game, that is more important info for your current situation than him taking down pots early with junk hands. It's the bubble, and people play differently...play scared...on the bubble, even if he is bb next hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:02 PM

I did push. He did call. He had AQ. I'm not sure what was more surprising, that he actually called or that he didn't push pre-flop with this hand. His hand held up. I wound up winning the SNG anyhow, but I wanted to know more about what my play should be in this situation.