Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:04 AM

Default TT UTG -- Flop play?

SB, BB, and MP3 are VERY loose; SB and BB are also overly aggressive (for example, 3-betting with weak offsuit aces). Whole table has been very LAG. In last 10 hands including blinds, I've played 3 (limping on all), folded one on flop, won 2 one with flush and and one with trips. So I'm playing fairly tight for this table.

What would you do on this flop?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ....????
Old 10-25-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: TT UTG -- Flop play?

It really depends on how retarded they have been playing postflop, and what you think MP3's 3bet means, but I would fold here.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:26 AM

no way am i folding- probably 3 betting.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 AM

Given your read, this seems like an automatic three-bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 AM

Whoops, I didnt see the reads. Yeah, this is an easy 3 bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:50 AM

With your read I cap pre-flop. Also, raise this flop.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:00 AM

What about the two-flush and the possible straight draws? Do these slow you down?
Old 10-25-2005, 01:02 AM

I would 3 bet here. Donks at this level generally would wait until the turn to raise if they had the 9.
Old 10-25-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the two-flush and the possible straight draws? Do these slow you down?

[/ QUOTE ]

These actually speed me up, since its more likely that their aggression is with a hand that I beat. IMO it's much easier to 3-bet here than a 399 rainbow flop.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These actually speed me up, since its more likely that their aggression is with a hand that I beat. IMO it's much easier to 3-bet here than a 399 rainbow flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I read their fast play as a threat. With four loose players, I thought it very likely that strong draws were out there. And the BB raising the SB (pre-flop 3 bettor), made me think that the SB might have an overpair, the BB a 9. No reason for the specific reads, but still: I thought I was beat in at least one place, possibly two, with 2 more players to act, and lots of ways to draw out on me: about 21 turn cards could be dangerous (flush cards, overcards, straight cards). And if I were behind, I obviously only had 2 outs.

Yes, the pot was large (18 SB), but it was 2 bets to me, thus 9 to 1. Not even close to the right odds for 2 outs. And I thought that with the aggressive play, the flop might be capped. Putting in a lot of bets with a hand that if still best was likely not to hold up seemed foolish to me. So I folded.

And I was "right": the flop was capped, and there was a 9 out there. But I am obviously wondering whether I did the right thing by folding on the flop. And I don't want to let the results influence my thinking. I thought I was doing the right thing. Others don't.

So was it weak-tight to fold, being too fearful that I was already beat? Or prudent?