Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Does anyone here actually beat PP .5/1 consistently for alot???

Ok so I've been playing a few months, read most of the required reading (TTOP, SSHE, a couple others, etc.). I use PT and try to play "by the book"

But I barely win at .5/1, I win MORE at higher limits.

Here's a perfect example of a very common... Ok so I get TT in late position, there are like 3 limpers, SSHE says RAISE (which I did) because I most likely have the best hand and figure to win this situation more so than I lose (pot equity wise).

But there is a 70% chance of overcards with TT and in a game where every fool is playing every Q, K, or A till the end you lose quite often, of course you win quite often too, but the net result is a very small positive.

Same story with my AK, ok I raise/reraise with it preflop virtually every time. When it hits it pays a little, when it doesn't it costs a little (or alot), the net result is a profit... a really small one.

Etc etc etc etc

HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW can you beat these freaking morons at a 2+ BB/100 rate?

Also I'm EXTREMELY frustrated right now. I went 34 (yes 34 I counted) pocket pairs seeing the flop without hitting a set (22 broke the streak)
Old 05-01-2005, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Does anyone here actually beat PP .5/1 consistently for alot???

Your facts seem a bit suspect. These types of players are the most profitable.
Old 05-01-2005, 02:54 AM

Does anyone here actually beat PP .5/1 consistently for alot???

No. Everyone knows that Party is rigged. That is why we goto Vegas so we can pwn at the blackjack table. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-01-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so I've been playing a few months, read most of the required reading (TTOP, SSHE, a couple others, etc.). I use PT and try to play "by the book"

[/ QUOTE ]

[sarcasm]A couple months? You should be a pro by now, because poker is so easy.[/sarcasm]

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a perfect example of a very common... Ok so I get TT in late position, there are like 3 limpers, SSHE says RAISE (which I did) because I most likely have the best hand and figure to win this situation more so than I lose (pot equity wise).

But there is a 70% chance of overcards with TT and in a game where every fool is playing every Q, K, or A till the end you lose quite often, of course you win quite often too, but the net result is a very small positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually about 87% to see an overcard to TT by the river.

Are you foolish enough to bet to the end with your TT to be "aggressive"? That might be part of the problem. Are you check-folding the same TT when an ace falls on the turn? That could be another problem. If you pay close attention, you'll realize that it's not *EVERY* fool who is calling you down, but probably the same one or two. Seeing that should help you play better postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Same story with my AK, ok I raise/reraise with it preflop virtually every time. When it hits it pays a little, when it doesn't it costs a little (or alot), the net result is a profit... a really small one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds false to me. If you have PT, break down your AK hands and see how they look. Raise/reraise preflop is correct, but that's only 1/4 of the streets, and the bet size is only 1/2 BB. You realize that you don't make your big profit by playing preflop correctly, right? In all of your complaining, you haven't said a word about how you play postflop. That's very telling about your overall understanding of how to play solid poker.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I'm EXTREMELY frustrated right now. I went 34 (yes 34 I counted) pocket pairs seeing the flop without hitting a set (22 broke the streak)

[/ QUOTE ]

Probability of hitting a set is something like 11.5%. Probability of missing is 88.5%. Probability of missing 34 times in a row is about 1.6%. Rare, but not impossibly so. It's just about on the order of hitting a 1-outer. It happens and it's frustrating. I'm not going to take away any of that frustration. But you need to understand that luck is a factor. Get used to it, or get out of poker.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:14 AM

http://img138.echo.cx/my.php?image=pt5bb.png

This is actually the lowest it has been in awhile, it is back up to 7.2 BB/100, and will be a bit higher when I log todays hands.

God I sure fear the day when player respect my raises.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:18 AM

Q) Can people beat .5/1?
A) yes! I'm not a pro by any means, I've only been playing 6 months. After 30k hands at .5/1 I am 2.3BB/100. That's nothing special, but my last 15K hands (after I actually studied a bit, posted hands here, and devoured and studied SSH and TOP), I've been closer to 3.5BB/100.

I finally moved up to 1/2, and only have 5K hands. In general, the players are tighter and more aggressive, with fewer calling stations, which is what makes .5/1 so profitable. I've been lucky, and running well, and am at 2.8BB/100 at 1/2. But the game is tougher; smaller pots, better starting hands (in general), and not as many passive players.

At .5/1, be a nut peddler, jam your strong hands, don't try too hard to protect your mediocre hands in multi-handed pots; everyone will call down, which is a good thing if you adapt your play. And you'll find .5/1 is the easiest game there is.

Regards,
Francis
Old 05-01-2005, 03:20 AM

Nonono everyone knows you play at the craps tables using Toss's patented Craps glove. With my glove you'll roll 7s and 11s 90% of the times. Yours for only 17 easy payments of $49.99.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At .5/1, be a nut peddler

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully strongly disagree.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nonono everyone knows you play at the craps tables using Toss's patented Craps glove. With my glove you'll roll 7s and 11s 90% of the times. Yours for only 17 easy payments of $49.99.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you buy my magnetic gloves, it will only cost you 15 easy payments of $49.98! [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

How can you resist?
Old 05-01-2005, 03:46 AM

I just can't damn it, give me 5 gloves.