Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Did I play this too fast?

First post here, I've been lurking for over a year, reading quite a bit, but decided I wanted in, so here I am.

Scenario:
Home game, Third blind level (15/30) of a HOE tourney. We are playing PLO/8. Hero is big stack at the table.

Hero limps UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], UTG+2 calls 30, UTG+3 makes it 150 to go, entire table calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls. 7 players to the flop.

Flop comes: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB goes all in for approximately 175. I immediately pot it, basically putting everyone all in. Everyone folds, and my flush holds up against the BB's set of 5's.

After thinking about it, I know I shouldn't have played it so fast. The player to my left flopped the king high flush, and debated for quite a while before folding. I made the nut high and low for the hand, so if I had played it slower I would have accumulated quite a bit more chips. I was just afraid of giving free cards, as I haven't played much PLO/8. Thoughts?