Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Er, uh, checkraise?

if they are kinda laggy, i bet and then hold the mouse over my schlong so that when someone raises, the giant hardon I produce slaps the button on the mouse and I see some more piles of chips being placed in front of that little square box that has my name written in it.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cap the damn flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's getting capped for me a fairly high percentage of the time. They're not retarded, just a bit LAGGY. Why slow them down?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to disguise your hand by further raising.
You won't slow them down by going off on a flop. The only way you'll slow them down if you call 2 cold on flop and then wake up on turn. I estimate a lot of raising and not a whole lot of folding on the turn if you cap the flop.

Edit :

Allow me to demonstrate:

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls $8.34 (All-In).

Turn: (8.91 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (16.91 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.91 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ah 4s (two pair, aces and sevens).
BB has 9h 7s (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero has As Ac (full house, aces full of sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.91 BB. </font>

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 7c Ah (three of a kind, sevens).
Hero has Ts Th (full house, tens full of sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 24.75 BB. </font>

Old 09-21-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if they are kinda laggy, i bet and then hold the mouse over my schlong so that when someone raises, the giant hardon I produce slaps the button on the mouse and I see some more piles of chips being placed in front of that little square box that has my name written in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best. Response. Ever.

You think 9's are going to be raising the turn often enough that a bet-3bet &gt; checkraise, then? Just curious, it didn't seem to me that a bet would result in a raise very often on this board, especially on this turn, but I could be very wrong about this.

Rob
Old 09-21-2005, 12:55 AM

After the action on the flop... yeah, I think bet/3bet is better.

Of course, capping the flop has been said already.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:55 AM

i think i'm capping the flop here pretty much 100%, if they want to draw they will and if they have a queen i doubt they fold.

if you don't want to cap the flop, wouldn't you want the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

oh yeah and i love the turn check.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:58 AM

FWIW, I think it's a lot easier for both of the boards that you posted to generate excessive action through bet-cap, bet-betting (in general my favorite line) than it is on tihs board.

Rob
Old 09-21-2005, 04:20 AM

I think betting out the turn disguises your hand better. If you check, UTG will likely check to button and then your checkraise would look too strong and be more likely to fold him. Betting out is more deceptive and if button raises, UTG would probably be more likely to want to go to showdown.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:27 AM

Why do you want to slowplay in a 20 SB pot where someone may be going for a freebie ?

Without some great read I´m leading the turn, which puts us back to your last flop action..
Old 09-21-2005, 04:32 AM

This is a bad spot for a checkraise. Diamond draws and OESD draws that raised the flop are certainly checking this one thru, but will probably call your turn lead. Plus, the only way to get 3-bets in on this turn is by leading. The best result of a checkraise is going to be 2 bets and a HU pot with maybe 1 bet on the river. Leading will probably get us 3 more BBs and the potential of much more.