Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 12:47 AM

Default weak fold?

seemed to me like he was sitting on the K and waiting to trap someone... so i laid it down. i've seen him check then raise on the turn with every big hand he's had so far... what do u think? fold or call then check/call the river?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (1.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
Old 03-17-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: weak fold?

i've seen him check then raise on the turn with every big hand he's had so far

You made a read and went with it. How can an observer tell you if he would or wouldn't bet the flop with trips??? Nice Hand.

Brad
Old 03-17-2005, 12:52 AM

my bed was with the thought of folding to a raise knowing he had done this alot. should i check/call the turn?
Old 03-17-2005, 01:01 AM

Brad's point is that you can't expect us to second-guess your read. You're at the table...if you put him on Kx, then, yes, fold. Why would you check/call if your plan was bet/fold...either way he's showing aggression, and if your thought is that you're going to fold to aggression then your question is whether you should check/fold, right? Otherwise, you're just spewing chips.

And, I've talked about this enough, now.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seemed to me like he was sitting on the K and waiting to trap someone... so i laid it down. i've seen him check then raise on the turn with every big hand he's had so far... what do u think? fold or call then check/call the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're looking at a situation like this, there are two things to consider:

1) How much do you trust your read?
2) How big is the pot?

The proper play is a balance of the two. If your read is weak and the pot is large, show it down. If the read is strong and the pot is small, just give it up. If you end up in either of the other two cases, it's probably close enough that it won't matter. Go with your first thought and trust your instincts. At these levels, you're not going to find situations like this very often, so it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong.

In this case, your read seems pretty solid and the pot is really small. Let it go. Maybe you mucked the best hand. It's okay. If you never mucked the best hand, then you're playing too loose.