Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Peter Rus bb hands

I've been checking through the FAQ's and just wanted to check.

three ways he defends Axs, Ato, kxs, kto, q5s, q8o, j6s, j8o, t6s, t8o, 97s, 98o, 87s, 67s, 45s.

four way he adds 78o 67o 56o 45o.

[ QUOTE ]
HU i defend Axo, K7o+,Q8o+, J8o+, T8o+, 98o, any pair, Axs,Kxs, Q5s,J6s+,T6s+, 97s+,78s,67s,45s.

3-way or more ATo+,KTo+,Q8o+,J8o+,T8o,89 (78,67,56,45 - 4 or more way flop)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Peter Rus bb hands

Honestly, in shorthanded games I really feel that it's almost impossible to play too loose from the blinds. Barring complete trash, everything is pretty much playable for one raise. My FBB to steal has steadily dropped from 55% to 35% and hopefully I can get it lower.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:14 PM

Why is there no distinction between hands he plays heads up against the SB, and hands he plays heads up vs CO and or button?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, in shorthanded games I really feel that it's almost impossible to play too loose from the blinds. Barring complete trash, everything is pretty much playable for one raise. My FBB to steal has steadily dropped from 55% to 35% and hopefully I can get it lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

except that you're out of position and he has the initiative. maybe you're just really good from the blinds, but most people (myself included) have no business dropping below 50%. playing too many hands from the blinds and playing them poorly is probably the #1 leak for most shorthanded players, good ones and bad ones alike.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:20 PM

he said in the thread that he plays these hands regardless of the position of the raiser and will change postflop play based on this.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

except that you're out of position and he has the initiative. maybe you're just really good from the blinds, but most people (myself included) have no business dropping below 50%. playing too many hands from the blinds and playing them poorly is probably the #1 leak for most shorthanded players, good ones and bad ones alike.

Contact Us

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you suggesting these are too loose? I'm a little tired and am wondering if he plays(its suggested to play) kxs regardless of the number of players in the pot.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you comment on Peter Rus's range? I was thinking of copying him except take out the lowest of his range considering I am not as good as him post flop.

What is your range HU, 3-handed, and 4-handed?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My defending ranges vary a lot based on position, against a SB raise I will play maybe 80% of hands, not sure because I don't know how to look that up in PT. If you fold you give up .5 bb. Even defending with normally folding hands doesn't net that kind of loss.

Also, if you are an extremely tough defender, you'll find people are less inclined to steal from you. There's .75 bb where you would have folded instead. Almost always I find there's usually one guy at each table with whom 50% of my blind battles take place. I just watch him closely and eventually I'm just ready to run him over.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:38 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My defending ranges vary a lot based on position, against a SB raise I will play maybe 80% of hands, not sure because I don't know how to look that up in PT. If you fold you give up .5 bb. Even defending with normally folding hands doesn't net that kind of loss.

Also, if you are an extremely tough defender, you'll find people are less inclined to steal from you. There's .75 bb where you would have folded instead. Almost always I find there's usually one guy at each table with whom 50% of my blind battles take place. I just watch him closely and eventually I'm just ready to run him over.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have position against a SB raise. I just mean situations where you're oop. that's smart that you focus on the player who you're most likely to get tangled with. how many tables do you play?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have position against a SB raise. I just mean situations where you're oop. that's smart that you focus on the player who you're most likely to get tangled with. how many tables do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I'm saying I fold a lot more when I'm out of position, but still not very often. I 8 table, it's really easy once I turn off AIM and stuff, but if I'm surfing the internet or something I just get demolished in these situations.