Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Hand advice...

Home game, NL 15 man tourney. At least 12 very solid players in the group. 4 men down 3.5 hrs. into the tourney (rebuys for 1st hour).Hero 3500 BB: 4000 chips, avg. chip stack 2500.
Blinds 100-200 Hero has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on button. 3 limpers, I limp, BB raises to 800. 2 callers, I call.
Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] BB bets 1000, everyone folds to me, I call. Turn: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] BB checks, I check, River: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] BB bets 1000, I am hoping that BB has AK, but put him on QQ or KK based on his raise from the BB. I call, he turns KK and takes pot, crippling me.
Questions:
My thinking - the BB is my biggest competition, I have a chance to cripple him early on with no flush or straight draw on the board - I feel that after the flop I am in a commanding position.
1) The BB is probably one of the best players in the room, I am 90% certain he has a big pair, and not aces only 2 outs to beat me (Q or K). Should I have taken the pot down after the flop?
2) After the check on the turn, should I have thrown a teaser bet and try to bring him all in?
I held my last 700 or so chips and manged to finish 7th while the BB went on to win? Any advice would be appreciated. posted in multi-table also.
AcesKracked
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Hand advice...

first of all...12 of your 15 guys are real solid players? i've never seen a home game like that

secondly..i know everyone likes to trap with their sets, but your check behind on the turn is inexcusable. you need to bet there, so BB can't hit their hand for free. i would have raised on his flop bet, and try and get it all in if he has AK or AQ
Old 11-09-2005, 12:08 AM

1/2 pot on turn.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:58 AM

turn check is bad