Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: TPTK scary board 50/100

[ QUOTE ]
Turn - On the turn with my stack size I wasn't really sure that I wanted to create a big pot out of position on that board after villian calls the flop. While it's true that sometimes I will give up a free card that will beat me or allow villian to outplay me here I feel this is one of those situations where the chips you lose are a lot more valuable than those you win. To me the most likely scenario if I continued to play this hand fast was to win a small pot or lose a big one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't mind too much creating a biggish pot here. my plan is to fold to a turn raise, so it's not a lot of extra chips going in there (you're going to have to at least call one bet if you check). and then i want to check the river and call only a small bet for the same reason as before - there aren't any missed draws that want to bluff, and there aren't any worse hands that want to value bet. so while you are making the pot kind of big, you're avoiding the problem that it's going to put you in tough/expensive decisions down the road.

[ QUOTE ]
River - While I will concede that I might lose a little value from KQ/KJ/AJ here, I gain value from the times villian has weaker holdings that were on a draw that he might bluff at me with (AT/KT/99/Ax).

[/ QUOTE ]

AT/KT got there on the river. i hadn't considered A9 before (oesd), and that is a reasonable hand that might bluff the river. i highly doubt a8 gets to the turn if it does get to the flop.