Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 AM

Default Stud-High Flush Draw Question

I am reading The Complete Course in Winning 7 Card Stud by Roy West. I am also playing 7-stud online for very, very small stakes.

Anyway, I am a little confused on this issue. Say I have a four flush on 4th street and I have 3 opponenets, one of which has paired his door card and probably has trips. In Roy West's book, he alludes to not drawing to the flush if your opponenet has trips on 4th since he/she will be drawing to a better hand. He doesn't come right out and say to fold in this situation, but neither does he stay to keep drawing. He also says that by 5th street you should have either the best hand or best DRAW, which again would allude to not chasing the flush with an opponent is drawing to a full house.

So, my question is: do you draw to a flush KNOWING your opponent is drawing to a full house? Up until now, I HAVE been drawing to my flushes in these situations, and only folding if my opponenet obviously has caught a full house, but now I'm not so sure I have been doing the right thing.

Assume for the sake of argument that all my cards are live as are my opponent's, and that the other players in the hand are poor players who could be in with just about anything.

Thanks for any advice,