Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Best and Worst Sports Broadcasters

[ QUOTE ]
Kicking Stone out of the booth shows how [censored] retarded the entire Cubs organization is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The Cubs don't deserve him though. If there were any justice in this world, he'd be doing the world series so we all could enjoy.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:10 AM

waldman is awful

i lost a lot of respect for her and sterling when they were complaining about texas taking its stars out of the last regular season game when it affected homefield. they [censored] that one up bad. sterling is awesome despite that, of course.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Worst Anything: ESPN Sunday Night Football crew

[/ QUOTE ]

Paul McGuire and Joe Theisman make me want to beat the living [censored] out of them.

Also, I'm surprised no one's given any props to Joe Buck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe Buck is horrible. He suffers from the Al Michaels "I think I'll start telling some long story or talking about some pointless stats while completely ignoring the action on the field" syndrome. Also he completely flipped out when Randy Moss did the pulling-pants-down routine in Green Bay last year, acting like Moss was raping his mother on the 50-yard-line or something. Grow up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like Joe Buck either. The nerd spends too much time trying to be funny. It's amazing he's considered the best Fox has.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:12 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i [censored] hate larry merchant

my girlfriend randomly busted out a hilarious impression of him the other day while driving. she hates him too.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best Color: I'm going to pass on picking a best. I do want to say, as a non-Yankee fan, that I really like the work that Suzyn Waldman does on 880. I like to listen to baseball while I drive, even if it's teams I don't really care for. On the few Yanks' games I listened to, she did a solid job, and seemed to bring a lot of knowledge to the booth. It's nice to see a woman get a shot at a broadcasting job more involved than putting on make-up and asking "Coach, your team is down 28-0, are you going to make some changes for the 2nd half?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this some kind of bizzare parody?

I have no problem with women announcers. Pam Ward does a fine job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really believe there aren't any women broadcasters who really are interested in the sport. I think they all are trying to use sports as a stepping stone to try to become the next Oprah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not Pam Ward.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
waldman is awful

i lost a lot of respect for her and sterling when they were complaining about texas taking its stars out of the last regular season game when it affected homefield. they [censored] that one up bad. sterling is awesome despite that, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

"It is HIGH, it is FAR it is...CAUGHT by the second baseman"
Old 10-23-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Best Color: I'm going to pass on picking a best. I do want to say, as a non-Yankee fan, that I really like the work that Suzyn Waldman does on 880. I like to listen to baseball while I drive, even if it's teams I don't really care for. On the few Yanks' games I listened to, she did a solid job, and seemed to bring a lot of knowledge to the booth. It's nice to see a woman get a shot at a broadcasting job more involved than putting on make-up and asking "Coach, your team is down 28-0, are you going to make some changes for the 2nd half?"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really believe there aren't any women broadcasters who really are interested in the sport. I think they all are trying to use sports as a stepping stone to try to become the next Oprah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not Pam Ward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who she is.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not Pam Ward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who she is.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's the chick that Rover brought up a few posts up. She does CFB for ESPN2. Not terrible.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:17 AM

I don't like Joe Buck either. The nerd spends too much time trying to be funny. It's amazing he's considered the best Fox has.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because he actually is funny. He doesn't take himself too seriously. I think more play by play guys should try that. You should see him kareoke(sp?), he's freakin hilarious....
Old 10-23-2005, 04:13 AM

He doesn't take himself too seriously

i get the exact opposite impression