Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 02:39 PM

Default PokerEdge Hacked! :-)

First, I’m a regular 2+2 poster hiding under this name to protect my PE distorted statistics.

To all you pokeredge users out there, be forwarned the info you are looking at may not be real.

I’ve played online poker 2 years now, and the entire pokeredge package pi&&es me off to put it bluntly. Want to data mine on your own PC, have at it, but to use someone else’s data, well that just isn’t going cut it anymore.

I wrote a simply program to change the text file that pokeredge imports. In the last 2 months I have changed my VPIP from 20% to 70%. My vpip will continue to rise towards 95% as I play more hands.

How you ask?

Simple. I just changed what was in the log to upload bogus data to the server, pokeredge has know way of knowing if what I’m uploading is real or fake. I spent enough time to make sure my program creates 100% realistic log of what would have happened it I really played 95% of the hands I was dealt.

My logs have been changed so that my preflop fold rate has dropped from 80% to less than 5%, now my VPIP that shows on pokeredge is way off compared to my real VPIP. Instead of folding preflop it now shows I folded at the flop, turn, or river.

I’ll be enhancing my program to mess with other statistics now that I know PE can be manipulated.

So please, by all means continue to use PokerEdge… I for see a vast new array of programs much like mine on the market soon enough.

/PokerEdgeHacked

PS.. PP and skins, please don’t ban PokerEdge!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: PokerEdge Hacked! :-)

Wouldn't they only get the distorted hand history if you were running PE on your computer?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:44 PM

It's only distorting hands you yourself have played on your system and only if you are part of PE and thus uploading them.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:45 PM

It's funny you mention this. Just yesterday my brother was telling me about trying to distort pokeredge statistics, and he was talking about skewing pokertracker somehow as well. The programing he knows is way above me - but a "Pokertracker Blocker" or somehow distorting your statistics would rule...
Old 07-11-2005, 02:45 PM

I don't think this is a bad thing. I think you should post a link to your program so others may follow suit.
X
Old 07-11-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't they only get the distorted hand history if you were running PE on your computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

DUH. The text file can be changed prior to it being read by PE. It is after all just a text file.

I copy the real text file to a second drive and pokertracker uploads it to my local DB.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:49 PM

Wouldn't we then have tables of Tight playing hackers Wondering why these 95% vpip players are folding 80% preflop??
Old 07-11-2005, 02:49 PM

Interesting..if your goal is to make PokerEdge irrelevant you should make your program available to others. Otherwise I don't see why you didn't keep this a secret.

I wonder if you could also corrupt the PokerEdge DB in a much more devious way. Take an existing HH file and change all the HH numbers to some future hand numbers that haven't been played yet. Once PE imports them, repeat the process on the same HHs. I don't suggest anyone does this....your post just got me thinking....
Old 07-11-2005, 02:51 PM

I'm not sure exactly how PE works, but what if someone else at the table was using PE, and now PE is receiving HHs with the same Hand #s, but obviously the hands appear to have been played out differently?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:51 PM

What I don't understand is that if you are using PokerEdge yourself, your stats are not available to other PokerEdge users. So i'm assuming you are no longer using it, but your post suggests otherwise. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]