Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: ONLINE 15. KQo. HOW DID I DO.

Lets say his 3bet range is 99+, AQ+. Is that off?

AA - 6,0
KK - 3,0
QQ - 3,3
JJ - 6,6
TT - 6,6
99 - 6,0
AK - 12,3
AQ - 12,3

avg 2.8 outs. even the flop call is marginal, the turn certainly.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:19 PM

you misread the action. i 3bet preflop and he coldcalled 3.

id put his hand range on perhaps:

AJo+
ATs+
77+
KQo+
KTs+
JQs+

and perhaps throw in some random hands like KTo and 44. the problem with giving him this hand range however is that some hands are naturally more likely than others. its hard for me to weigh his hand range.

so take out the 2 random hands and give him 88+ and KJs+ and take out QJs. whats my equity on the turn now?
Old 12-05-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so take out the 2 random hands and give him 88+ and KJs+ and take out QJs. whats my equity on the turn now?

[/ QUOTE ]

now you'd be 37%. so that changes everything.

EDIT: TS, by the way, how do you get a sense for where you statnd against such a wide range like this? do you use any tricks? b/c without pokerstoving it i'm often way off.

EDIT2: Also, alot of our equity comes from calling down when he has KJs, etc, so if he's capable of bluffing the river when we check to him after missing then our actual equity will be less.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:48 PM

hi mouse. youre much better at the math then me so you should be better than i would be at calculating equity during a hand. only experience will let you guage his hand range accurately though.

another problem with doing equity calculations for hands like this is that some hands are more likely than others after he bets both the flop and turn. i wouldnt expect him to bet every hand on the flop and turn that he calls 3 with. i havent played enough with him to get an idea of what hands hed bet with. i wasnt planning on calling the river. there arent that many hands im ahead of after his preflop coldcalling range and his hand range gets worse for me after he bets the flop and turn.

even if my equity on the turn is 37% it really isnt nearly that much if i dont plan on calling a river bet.

you need 6.7:1 odds to chase a clean 6 outter and in this case my odds are 8:1. i also have implied odds of probably a half BB or so. im not good at doing combos but if you came up with all his combos for the hand range i gave you youd probably see that i have enough outs to call getting 8.5:1.