Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Beginner\'s Poker FAQ

AngryCola reminded me that I should probably post the link. I'll try to remember to post on or about the first of each month. I don't want to be a spammer.

Beginner's Poker FAQ
Old 03-02-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Beginner\'s Poker FAQ

[ QUOTE ]
AngryCola reminded me that I should probably post the link. I'll try to remember to post on or about the first of each month. I don't want to be a spammer.

Beginner's Poker FAQ

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure we can bump it more often than that. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
People need to see it on the first few pages.

Also, people will contribute more to some of the questions if it's up there for all to see on a semi-regular basis.

Good work on the FAQ.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:15 PM

I do include it in my "signature" pretty regularly.

I am adding questions too, as they come up.

Troy
Old 03-04-2005, 12:05 PM

Sorry if I'm not supposed to do this, but I was looking for it anyway and thought others might find the link useful. So, bump.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:07 PM

Also, I couldn't find what LAG means in the abbreviations section. Loose Aggresive somethinorother maybe?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:49 PM

Thanks for this FAQ. It's great for filling some of the gaps in my understanding as a beginner to this content at twoplustwo.com!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I couldn't find what LAG means in the abbreviations section. Loose Aggresive somethinorother maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, aargh. I've added this.

Regards,

T
Old 03-09-2005, 04:50 PM

Old 03-09-2005, 05:23 PM

First off, excellent work. And because i sometimes am guilty of letting constructive criticism overshadow positive feedback, let me add, excellent work. And in case you missed it:

EXCELLENT WORK!

All I have to point out are a glitch, one couple of punctuation and spelling nits, and a suggestion:

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]The glitch: #34 looks unfinished; perhaps it's written and just didn't make it up there in finished form?

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]The nits: #13 says "Adjustements" instead of "Adjustments", #6 says "hold's" instead of "holds", and #8 says "Beginner's" instead of "Beginners". Not earth shaking, but since this has more permanence than an everyday post I figured it's worth pointing out.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The suggestion: Would it make sense to group these into a few categories, such as Abbreviations and definitions", "How to get started", "Improving your game", ... ?

But again, these comments are just minor touch-ups. The FAQ looks GREAT and adds a ton of value to the forum!
Old 03-09-2005, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the comments AK.

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]The glitch: #34 looks unfinished; perhaps it's written and just didn't make it up there in finished form?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, nuts, you're right. I haven't finished the answer yet, but I forgot the way the faq building script works it will take the question if there's any answer at all, even an incomplete one. I'll finish the answer tomorrow and get it up completely. I sort of got sidetracked while writing the answer.

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]The nits: #13 says "Adjustements" instead of "Adjustments", #6 says "hold's" instead of "holds", and #8 says "Beginner's" instead of "Beginners". Not earth shaking, but since this has more permanence than an everyday post I figured it's worth pointing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this, I'll fix these.

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] The suggestion: Would it make sense to group these into a few categories, such as Abbreviations and definitions", "How to get started", "Improving your game", ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right, it would. The current presentation is sort of a quick and dirty implementation. I have grouped the answers, somewhat, into related chunks. But I haven't added any headings, which I will do. Now that someone has mentioned it, I'll be prodded to get this done faster. It's not going to be a difficult change to the database, so I just need to get it in gear.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestions.

Regards,

T