Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 2 all ins with 3 people left

What do you think of the ranges I used in my pokerstove analysis post above?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:03 PM

Well, my first thought was the pusher's range was a little wide and the callers range was a little narrow, but works out to about the same.

The range and your chances of winning HU depend a lot on the blinds though. That's why I assumed equal skill, because then the blinds don't matter as far as winning HU. The higher the blinds are, the wider their ranges will be, the better you will do in the allin and also the smaller your edge will be in a HU match if you folded. So, either equal skills (or outskilled) or high blinds will push towards joining the allin.

Edges aren't huge HU, so unless you are really good, the opponent is really bad, and stacks are fairly deep, don't count on, well, don't count on a huge edge.

I'm sure I said something a little stupid in there, but my kid is having a fit and I have to go.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Say stacks are 5000, 2500, 2500, you think you have a 20% chance to win, you are out of the blinds, and you think you are all about equally skilled.

You win 1 out of 5 right away and 2 of the remaining 4, so you win 60%. If you fold, you win 50%.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you lose you have 2500 against 7500, so 1 in 4 chance of winning, giving 45% overall.

I think you need a bigger chip advantage (or a better hand!) to make this play.

Psparky