Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: My Greatest Comeback Ever, Please Share Yours!

This is from a live MTT, but...

I'm at a final table, six players left, top three pay. I push UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG as chip leader with six or seven times the BB (around 20000 I think). The BB, for reasons unknown, decided to call me with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He pairs and I don't, and he was second in chips and left me with 2000 points (which, since the round had just ended, was now less than one chip; after the color-up I have one). I went on tilt so bad at that point I don't remember most of the hands between then and when it got down to three people, but I was told by spectators I went all in something like fifteen out of seventeen hands, and I did make a couple gross suckouts (all in in the blind with Q7o, small blind calls with KQo, flop is K 3 4, turn is 6, river is 5).

I ended up winning the thing. Oh, and 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] kid managed to get fifth. Bloody donk just gave away my chips. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Once I was down to t40 at the 1-st level but finally won 1st place. Second case seems more impressive. On the bubble at the level 250/500 I had only 6 (six) chips left. Came back to t4500, but unfortunately finished only 3rd.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:46 PM

One time I was playing a fifty cent no limit holdem freezeout with my 5-year-old son with one cent/two cent blinds. He got me down to a penny, and then I came back and took all of his money. It was awesome! Please post more examples, as I cannot remember when I read such gripping stories.

Oh yeah. Also, about a month ago at a NL $25 table on Party, I got it all-in preflop with aces. The other guy turned up a pair of twos and caught a two on the river to beat me. Man, that was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in my whole life!
Old 08-19-2005, 06:43 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
One time I was playing a fifty cent no limit holdem freezeout with my 5-year-old son with one cent/two cent blinds. He got me down to a penny, and then I came back and took all of his money. It was awesome! Please post more examples, as I cannot remember when I read such gripping stories.

Oh yeah. Also, about a month ago at a NL $25 table on Party, I got it all-in preflop with aces. The other guy turned up a pair of twos and caught a two on the river to beat me. Man, that was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen in my whole life!

[/ QUOTE ]

This one time........at poker camp.....I had pocket Kings....

Yeah yeah, your sarcasm is duly noted. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This one time........at poker camp.....I had pocket Kings....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, that's what half of poker camp is... sex-ed!
Old 08-19-2005, 08:01 PM

My greatest comeback story is a live MTT, 30 players. Buyin was...t1200 at least. My memory is somewhat foggy on this.

Several loose calls and seeing too many flops left me with 70 chips at 75/150 blinds after the second merge (down to the final ten). I was able to recover (after pushing JTs and catching a T on the river to make two pair), then got short-stacked again. And again and again.

In all, I was short-stack at the final ten, 7-handed, 5-handed AND 3-handed. I ended up winning that tourney after several lucky pushes, blind-stealing and what is still, to this day, the best heads-up I've played. There was a great amount of beginner's luck involved (especially because most of those players were, and still are donks), and I've evolved much more as a poker player since then, but the story is still fun to tell.