Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Differences between Party and Stars Sit and Go\'s

Which are easier?
How long do they take on average?
Are the 11s considerably different? The 22s?
What are the differences in structure?

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Differences between Party and Stars Sit and Go\'s

since i've just deleted 2 of your posts, i thought i'd jump in here before or instead of deleting a 3rd, since you seem intent on this tonight.

try the search function and try reading the FAQ.

citanul
Old 07-18-2005, 12:54 AM

If a post gets deleted, does it still count towards one's total? Total post count seems important enough to warrant the question.

Onaflag...........
Old 07-18-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If a post gets deleted, does it still count towards one's total? Total post count seems important enough to warrant the question.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?!

How is total post count important?

Yugoslav
Old 07-18-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf?!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

That is obviously what decides whether your post deems deletion or not. My reply was slighted on the side of sarcasm, but since you ask.........

Was this post worthy of the almighty censor? I do not provide much input to these forums, but take an awful lot from them. I personally do not mind one bit when a person asks a question that has been asked 8 million times before. Who knows, maybe Stars STTs changed suddenly last night.

If it pisses you off, don't read the question. How many billboards do you pass each day with the same friggin message? Do you stop, get out of your car, and spray paint the Coke ad black?

Give the guy a break, almighty elite.

Onaflag............
Old 07-18-2005, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the thread "pissed off" anyone, it's just that this has been asked before and it's Citanul's job to delete repetitive posts and keep the forum clean.
Wtf?!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

That is obviously what decides whether your post deems deletion or not. My reply was slighted on the side of sarcasm, but since you ask.........

Was this post worthy of the almighty censor? I do not provide much input to these forums, but take an awful lot from them. I personally do not mind one bit when a person asks a question that has been asked 8 million times before. Who knows, maybe Stars STTs changed suddenly last night.

If it pisses you off, don't read the question. How many billboards do you pass each day with the same friggin message? Do you stop, get out of your car, and spray paint the Coke ad black?

Onaflag............

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the thread "pissed off" anyone, it's just that this has been asked before and it's Citanul's job to delete repetitive posts and keep the forum clean.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Onaflag............

[/ QUOTE ]

are you freaking retarded?

there are many things that get your post deleted.

in the case of the op of this thread, his first 2 threads got deleted AND I SENT HIM A PM TELLING HIM WHERE TO GET THE EXACT ANSWER TO HIS QUESTIONS. they were deleted and responded to in exactly this fashion because the answers to his questions are in the FAQ that is STICKIED TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM.

this post probably is worth the "almighty" censor, though, as one can see, I DIDN'T CENSOR IT. IT IS RIGHT HERE.

People don't need to be pissed off by the repetitious posts, but they also don't need to have to be forced to decide to wade through them to find content. this is way different than people not needing social posts for instance. repetitive posts, particularly those that are answered in the FAQ need not remain on the forum. once someone is directed to the FAQ, the thread has no use at all, since the one person who wanted to know where that answer is has it. honestly i think that i might have put a section on party v stars in the FAQ, but i'm not sure, and i am sure that it wasn't as detailed as this OP wanted.

additionally, the contention that a post is at any point deleted based on anything as ridiculous as post count of the poster is totally absurd and false. i don't know where you could possibly get such an idea in your head.

anyway, that's as much time as i feel like wasting on your accusations and vitriol right now.

citanul
Old 07-18-2005, 01:55 AM

word
Old 07-18-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could use some help on your opening statements. Might I suggest a customer service seminar? I don't believe Mr. Mat Sklansky ever stooped to such an arrogant introductory sentence.

You simply reinforce my opinion that this place is run by the elite with either amazing poker skills or post counts in the thousands both of which are irrelevent to your job.

Please refrain, as a moderator, from questioning one's mental capacity.

Onaflag...........
Old 07-18-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could use some help on your opening statements. Might I suggest a customer service seminar? I don't believe Mr. Mat Sklansky ever stooped to such an arrogant introductory sentence.

You simply reinforce my opinion that this place is run by the elite with either amazing poker skills or post counts in the thousands both of which are irrelevent to your job.

Please refrain, as a moderator, from questioning one's mental capacity.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

you're continuing to make no sense.

a) my opening statement has nothing to do with arrogance. your prior post honestly made me wonder if you were retarded. if so, we might need to install some handicapped accessable poker forums just for you. i don't want to be caught unawares or anything.

b) i continue to not understand how anyone is reinforcing this strange opinion of yours. if by "run by" you mean the most advice and or value is added by, you are mostly right. since well, the most posting is done by those with many posts, and the most value is in general added by those with good poker knowledge bases who feel like taking the time to add value to the forum. there are of course outliers of posters who post far less frequently yet add high amounts of value when they do post. notable amongst them is the shadow, though there are of course others.

while criticizing your second paragraph there, i'd like to take a slight digression to talk about this "both of which are irrelevant to your job." a) as i said before, neither of those things in any way has ever influenced my decision making as moderator, and the unsubstantiated and unsubstantiatable claims you are making are pretty insulting. if you feel like using the fact that i asked you if you were retarded as part of your evidence, you should look around and see how often i tell people that raptor sucks, or tell raptor that he sucks. b) you seem to be under some kind of misapprehension that what i do for this forum is in some way a job.

c) as i have stated before, i will not be removing from myself any of the liberties that are extended to the other posters of this forum just because i am the user moderator. just as everyone knows (although now having read my sarcasm above, you're probably pretty confused) that when i said "are you freaking retarded?" it was a joke, everyone would have known that no matter who posted it. and no matter who posted it, it would have been allowed to stay. people are allowed to converse and even occasionally insult, on message boards. i will, as a poster on this site, be subject to the same rules as everyone else. being moderator will not make me succeptable to a more stringent set of rules.

d) i again invite you to provide anything approaching evidence for your opinions, instead of just trying to respond in some arbitrarilly pithy, valueless, manner mostly built around strawmen.

citanul