Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 AM

Default poker tracker -vs- poker office

I know this has been posted before in other sections of the forum but since I'm a beginner and have gotten some excellent beginners advice I wanted to post the question here. Which is better for beginning players? The only reason I ask is because I can get a free copy of Poker Office by signing up with Empire and generating 250 raked hands. Along with that you also get the 20% first time deposit bonus. Great deal if you ask me. The one thing that keeps bugging me though is am I making a mistake by not getting Poker Tracker. As a beginning player is Poker Tracker an absolute necessity and should I eat the $55 cost and buy it? Any links to back to old discussions about this would also be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Anthony
Old 04-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: poker tracker -vs- poker office

I can't speak to Poker Office, but Poker Tracker can be pretty enlightening. However, since you can get it "free", I'd probably start with Poker Office. If you don't like it, you're out nothing and you can pick up Poker Tracker.

Is Poker Tracker a necessity for the beginner? Probably not immediately, but pretty soon you're going to want to analyze your game and the game of your opponents. If Poker Office gives you what you want, great. If not, Poker Tracker surely will.

I have no affiliation with either product.

Regards,

T
Old 04-27-2005, 06:45 AM

I use them both now (Only been using PO for a few days though) but I would say for a beginner PO would be better but PT would be a must if u wanna be serious about playing.
The main diffirence as I see it (Please correct me if I am totally wrong) is that with PO u get instant odds, best hand atm, betting action that the player has made and so on as well as statistics but I find it nowhere close as good as PT when it comes to analyze your game and your opponents. Also its hard to 4 table PO (if even possible) while PT does it wonderfully with Gametime/Playerview but thats another story...
A suggestion would be get money into empire, play the hands get the software when u feel like you are getting a grip of the game and find yourself sitting hours playing it get pokertracker and “fix your flaws [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck and just as a note this is personal oppinion so I have no intresst in selling any of these products (Although I LOVE pokertracker!) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also its hard to 4 table PO (if even possible) while PT does it wonderfully with Gametime/Playerview

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you mean? I 4-table with PO without any problems, you just use the superb overlay.