Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Game selection?

Well first off you can't break even playing basic strategy at blackjack. The house has an edge and you will lose money the longer you play. You can successfully bonus whore blackjack when the bonus you're given is larger than the house edge times the number of hands you're required to play to clear said bonus.

Poker is pretty much the same except instead of being guaranteed a losing long run, you can actually be a long term winner PLUS earn your bonus. Even if you are not a particularly good player as long as your winrate is not too negative your bonus will overcome your small loss as you improve. If you can play break even poker then you will earn the bonus as profit.

So yes, you need to be a "decent" player, but if you're not decent you're going to lose regardless so you might as well be earning a bonus while you lose to help cancel out your losses while you learn. It's good to be "paid" to learn. If you don't think you can learn to be at least break even then bonus whoring poker is a bad idea.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:22 AM

thanks POV. makes sense. I feel like I'm bothering people but I'm gonna continue asking until I get told otherwise. How does bonus whoring work? Am I basicly going to be playing .50/1 at numerous sites reopening new accounts each time to take advantage of the deposit bonuses? how many sites do you guys play at once? can it be difficult to manage? do you track your playing somehow (other than poker tracker I mean)? is there a bonus whoring end all be all site to get me started? also, if you're playing at different sites all the time how do you build your roll? I mean do you have one "main" site or do you consider your bankroll to be all your online accounts added up? again I appreciate all the feedback and I look forward to taking you guys money in the future [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks POV. makes sense. I feel like I'm bothering people but I'm gonna continue asking until I get told otherwise. How does bonus whoring work?

[/ QUOTE ]

See the FAQ link below for pointers to bonus whoring information.

One of the nice things about the beginner's forum is, unless you just don't want to learn or troll just to bother people, you can't bother anyone here. This is a place to ask whatever question you might have.

Regards,

T

Beginner's Poker FAQ
Old 04-06-2005, 02:27 PM

"In order to clear the bonus on a $500 deposit, you need to play 500 raked hands (5x). It works out to be about $8-10 per hour/per table."

can someone ellaborate on this? is he saying it's going to take about 10-13 hours of 5 tabling to clear the $100 bonus?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:40 PM

it takes nowhere near that long to clear a bonus (at sites like party, empire, etc).

at the avarage .50/1 or 25$NL table, one can expect about 50 raked hands and hour- more if the game is shorthanded (6 max). that works out to about 20$/hr if one plays four tables at a time, or about 5$/hr/table. 4 tabling clears a "100$ 5x raked" bonus in about 5 hours.

at 1/2 6 max or 50$ NL (the games that most hardcore whores use to clear bonus, it's a bit faster, about 70 raked hands/hr, or about 7$/hr/table.

here's a link that shows the various clearance rates vs the various games. you should bookmark this site.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:09 PM

your last post is pretty much the info I was after. only about 5 hours 4 tabling? holy sh!t have I been missing out! thanks to everyone for all the feedback.