Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Exhibit A in the trail of Fish status VS jon_1van

Jon-

That was a damn funny post. I loved it. I think I call fourth here, definitely fold fourth, and wuss out after my opponent caps against my paired doorcard on fifth, and just check-call sixth due to the fear of a higher set.

[ QUOTE ]

**** Does anyone know if Mike Emery still plays on party? Or, did he give all of his money away for a night with RichBich69?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually offered her everything I had for a one night stand. She said she only does guys 13" and up like BEERMONEY. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Unfortunately I'm a little shy of that mark at 12". I guess size does matter....

Mike Emery
Old 01-28-2005, 10:16 AM

Jeez, this sounds familiar. Add one more to the list - start with a nice drawing hand like 10 J Q, and then get a 2 or 3 on fourth street almost every single time.

I find that such stretches cause me to look for ways to work around or overcome these circumstances. The net result seems to be making some dumb plays, that only compounds the problem. However, it seems really difficult to sit there and take a beating without trying to play your way out of it. Seems like the only answer is to keep plugging, and wait for things to turn.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Add one more to the list - start with a nice drawing hand like 10 J Q, and then get a 2 or 3 on fourth street almost every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single time, or EVERY SINGLE FKKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I find that such stretches cause me to look for ways to work around or overcome these circumstances. The net result seems to be making some dumb plays, that only compounds the problem. However, it seems really difficult to sit there and take a beating without trying to play your way out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like three betting a pair of queens on 5th street "to get it heads up" against a huge made hand.. I suck, and am running bad, but I could definitely be doing more to be losing less. I find I'm being aggressive when I'm way behind, and passive on border line hands I end up winning. Everything is going wrong, and the fish are nibbling the hell out of my bankroll.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stream, thanks for the response.. I feel like the players are getting worse, which is frustrating..

These are how my sessions are going:

*Build a monster pot with a four flush that never comes in.
<font color="red"> Which is what you should do </font>

*Get a big pair like aces or kings heads up,
<font color="red"> Which is what you should do </font>

*Get a huge hand, and no one's in the pot.
<font color="red"> Will not always be the case</font>

*Get sucked out on by a miserable catch..
<font color="red"> Which is what you want</font>

You name it, its gone wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hang in there kid, you know they'll come around- they always do.

Mine have, thanks for the 2/4 advice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Add one more to the list - start with a nice drawing hand like 10 J Q, and then get a 2 or 3 on fourth street almost every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every single time, or EVERY SINGLE FKKING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

I find that such stretches cause me to look for ways to work around or overcome these circumstances. The net result seems to be making some dumb plays, that only compounds the problem. However, it seems really difficult to sit there and take a beating without trying to play your way out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like three betting a pair of queens on 5th street "to get it heads up" against a huge made hand.. I suck, and am running bad, but I could definitely be doing more to be losing less. I find I'm being aggressive when I'm way behind, and passive on border line hands I end up winning. Everything is going wrong, and the fish are nibbling the hell out of my bankroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like you need a couple weeks off. maybe a reread of a book or two. This happened to me early fall....had to stop playing because it just seemed like i couldnt win a hand. I took a break, reread TOP, then started back up with a little bonus whoring to make some of it back. Eventually you will get back where you were