Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Limit Stud/8 Sit & Go

Our hero has a fold, but you're citing the worst-case scenario. I would think even a tight player would raise with a good three-card low.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Results

I don't really play on-line. Is it common for raise buttons to get stuck? I've seen players who seemed to have this problem. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There aren't many hands that should look good when there's an Ace behind you. This wasn't one of them.

The other guy was probably right to jam with those Aces.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really play on-line. Is it common for raise buttons to get stuck? I've seen players who seemed to have this problem. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it only seems to happen when I check the hand history. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I really wasn’t aware of capping 4th until then. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
There aren't many hands that should look good when there's an Ace behind you. This wasn't one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly thought it did, but I’m still playing way too loose and have much to learn.

TY,
greenage
Old 11-21-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Limit Stud/8 Sit & Go

Andy is right- I should have cited more cases here with the AA2- but I disagree with him that a tight player will automatically reraise w/ a 3-card low in this situation. A low is a drawing hand, and building a big pot early in these shorthanded situations should often be avoided. Chip conservation should be considered in the money stages of tournament play, and a tight player may not choose to gamble on a drawing hand heads-up.