Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 AM

Default colddeck vs maniac

This is actually against the same maniac I lost the A3 hand to earlier link

Can you believe my horrible luck?

Pretty sure I played the hand perfectly.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($480.40) (the maniac)
Hero ($554.60) (the hero)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (Maniac) raises to $15</font>, MP calls $15, CO calls $15, Hero calls $15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $11.

Flop: ($77) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Maniac checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Maniac raises to $150</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls $100.

Turn: ($377) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Maniac bets $100</font>, Hero calls $100.

River: ($577) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Maniac calls $215.40 (All-In), Hero calls $215.40.

Final Pot: $1007.80

Results below:
Maniac has 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (full house, twos full of threes).
Hero has 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Maniac wins $1007.80.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: colddeck vs maniac

Shouldn't this be in another forum?

What did you think you were doing with 34o? Yeah if I had higher cards I'd know I was ahead and punish him, but you didn't even do that preflop. There were also other players seeing the flop too, they could have slow played him with stronger cards. Plus, if you had like KQo instead and had done a decent re-raise preflop, you could have isolated him and had a ton of dead money in the pot when the others folded.

If he is raising anything, that means you are actually behind his random hand pre-flop anyways. Next time, wait for a hand you can be sure it is likely good when you hit.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 PM

Dude I have implied odds out the ass and the button.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:08 PM

Not really, because you also have reverse implied odds when you feel the need to call down your second best hand. Please don't tell me you thought you were ahead on the flop, because you only called the maniacs raise. His raise gave you less then 3 to 1 to call (fold if you're behind) and there was now enough money in the pot to just put him all in (if you're ahead). Calling a maniacs raise is -EV in my mind because: 1) you just put more money into the pot, 2)gave a free card to a player that could have anything, 3) your lack of aggresion now could make maniac bet out again on the turn with nothing... In addition to having something, so now you really don't know where you're at.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:37 AM

3,4 off no i dont like it manic or not 3,4 off isnt good anywhere button blinds i dont care when playing against a manic your best bet is to tighten up and play only great hands you want to get your money in with the best he wont fold dont worry hes manic wait it out dont play 3,4 off

Yeah you got the button and implied odds but hes got you money cause you played 3,4 off

Sneakychicken