Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Default If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7.5M?

He says he donates "all winnings" from MTT's to charity, but I think he's full of crap. I think he definetly donates some, but not the whole thing.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7.5M?

Why would he lie about something like that? I doubt most people think to themselves "well,if I lose this all in at least it all goes to charity". I'm sure he keeps some to use in other tournaments or something.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7

I'm sure he would have.. Barry is the one of the last people on earth who would need the money..
Old 09-21-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: If Barry Greenstein won the Main Event would he have donated all 7.5M?

[ QUOTE ]
Why would he lie about something like that? I doubt most people think to themselves "well,if I lose this all in at least it all goes to charity". I'm sure he keeps some to use in other tournaments or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somthing about his arrogance drives me insane. He makes sure everyone knows that he donates his winnings.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somthing about his arrogance drives me insane. He makes sure everyone knows that he donates his winnings.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh w/e, as long as people in need get their money, it's better than a guy buying a ferrari
Old 09-21-2005, 01:00 PM

Although not firsthand, I heard that he donates all of his profits but retains some for future MTT buy-ins, so basically all his profit goes to charity, but he keeps a bankroll to allow him to enter more tournies.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:12 PM

Jees the guy has donated millions of $ to charity and you are moaning, no one can do right in todays world. Who cares anyway what he does with his money?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving to charities! Especially those involving children!!!
Honestly, where does he get off?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:27 PM

I don't know if he can find a charity that he can confidently put $7.5 million and say it'll go to good use so I would have to say no, he probably would not donate it all.

As for bankroll, he doesn't need to keep money to sustain playing. He's stinking rich from side games, not tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...Why does a guy have to get insulted for giving money to charity? Please explain why that is arrogant. I listened to his radio for the Hurricane Katrina tournament. The host of the radio show suggested to ask the final table winners to donate some of their winnings to the Relief. Barry said that it's not fair to put pressure on them to give their winnings to charity when they could be needing the money for something more important in their lives.

He also followed up by saying that he's giving money to charity because he's finally made enough money that he has everything in his life and his family taken care of. He's fully aware that he's not a generous saint, he just has the money to give away.

In other words, tournament winnings are only a little more than pocket change for him. But it's still a good act of favor that he gives it to charity.

By the way, what should he do with the winnings then? Should he keep it to himself? Huh?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving to charities! Especially those involving children!!!
Honestly, where does he get off?

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA LOL!