Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Friend of mine claims to go from $100 to 10k in a month.. possible

[ QUOTE ]
aceking finally someone who realizes what is important. Sadly, this article is written about me and can use some clarifying. This is not how I originally built my bankroll. I started off with 5 sngs and a few MTT's. I happen to win a 30 mtt for 2.5k. I then played 50 and 100 sngs. Later i moved to 200 nl and built to about 10k. When 1000 nl opened on party i was the first one on the tables and probably have been playing there the longest. I turned 10k into 50k + but at the time i was still 17. I was young and stupid and spent a bunch of money frivolously. I also started messing around with my money online b/c i was running so well i never imagined losing. Naturally i went broke within sevearl months and had to rebuild. I couldnt stand the thought of playing 25 NL wehn i was accustomed to 1000nl. I figured I'd take 100 and see what i can do in a short span of time. I wanted to build quickly. So i took 100 and played some sngs and built back up playing those until i got back to 10k. If i failed in the process, who cares what's 100? usually when i get to 2 or 3k i make it from there unitl i go broke. last time was unexpected as i broke up wiht my gf while playing and immediately went from grinding to 2000 omaha and lost my 10k in a few hours. But who cares i'll be back in a month and befroe you know it i'll be at 1000nl again. happened before and i can promise you by 2006 i'll be there regularly if not sooner. And this time im coming for good~!

[/ QUOTE ]

Start playing LHE please.

GoT
Old 09-20-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
last time was unexpected as i broke up wiht my gf while playing and immediately went from grinding to 2000 omaha and lost my 10k in a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you've got a great emotional makeup. Good luck with the plan kiddo.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:08 AM

possible and not necessarily the sign of a crazy gambler, could be a good player
Old 09-20-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found ~$250 in my Stars acct recently and ran it up to >$20k in like 10 days. Also not hard to believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I've got $82 in my stars account you think you can turn that into >$6560 in 10 days for me?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Friend of mine claims to go from $100 to 10k in a month.. possible?

Last Friday night at Canterbury I sat to the left of a guy who picked up 180BB at 6/12 in under 12 hours. That's a grand total of no more than 500 hands. He played any 2, usually for a raise and the deck was hitting him hand after hand. I'm certain it's all gone by now.

Yes, it's possible.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:59 PM

Hey 49, this is a lot like the little challenge I did last month with $122 I found at one of my old poker sites. I made it to $3600 before I hit some turbulence and wound-up the month (about 45 hours) at $1700. Getting through the small limits is fairly easy, and your success rate of grinding your way through them up to about the $5/$10 game or $100 SNG's with a short bankroll is still pretty high.

However, what your friend may not have realized yet it that you have to leave with some cash. If you simply gamble until your are broke, what's the point?

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2005, 02:23 PM

I dont gamble until im broke...simply till i get a bankroll to support the limits i wnat to play. Then i slow down and allow my bankroll room to hit "turbulance" Like a previous poster said, "whats important is what i do when i get to 10k."
Old 09-20-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found ~$250 in my Stars acct recently and ran it up to >$20k in like 10 days. Also not hard to believe.GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL--Its taken me all freakin year to make 20K, and I thought I was doing good!!! Screw you GOT!!!!!

I wish I had the balls to do what it takes to turn 250 into 20k in 10 days. Currently I have like 400 buyins at the sng level I'm playing..ugh
Old 09-20-2005, 04:04 PM

u had the misfortune to be young and lucky while building ur roll. If ur happen to run bad while building ur roll, it can take years!
If ur able to cope with ur tilting-problem then u will get there, wether it be a month or years. If u can not solve ur tilt-problem...it will all go to waist again. I fear the latter.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:10 PM

ya i've been working on that a lot... I used to be a like like mike "the mouth" but i've gotten better and my understanding of the game has grown a lot. I dont go on tilt anymore, however I still make retarted b/c i over analyze. I konw waht they have and i know they should fold if i do this b/c i am representing that and they shoudl know this since they made it obvious as pie that they have AK for TPTK. but they still call and im guilty of it so often its stupid. thats my main problem.