Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Just Joined Brunson\'s Room: A Quick Review

This is my sixth online poker room in two years and I like it.

Doyle's Room was a place I read about while I was reading Super System 2. Liking Doyle, and the way he discusses poker, I thought I would check it out. I'm a NL and NL tournament player only. I love the graphics. It's a very quick site. The deposit was no hassle. I beat the waiting list reminder to an empty seat, so I may have some criticism for the list manager later. There was quite a bit of action on the site, middle of the day.

There seems to be a very good interactive platform for contacting the "manager" and for getting tournament rooms advertised. Did I mention it's quick? Big card display too, for those of us who play a little too much and like easy-to-read graphics. I even like the sounds which you can modify so that the computer only squeaks when it's your turn.

Player chat is in a separate graphic box, but I don't care. I have not saved game histories for my tracker yet. Overall, I like it so far. For me to compare, my regular sites are UB and Party. My magoo site is Paradise and my Super Magoo is Full Tilt (razz). I think Brunson waited a long time to get into the business but it looks like he did it right.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Just Joined Brunson\'s Room: A Quick Review

for high NL games, the Tribeca/Apex network that Doyle's Room is on has good action up to $5/10 blinds. probably a lot of rich, fishy players brought in via Golden Palace, Blue Square (Australia) and Victor Chandler skins.

Action Points bonus works out to 80-100% of proportional contributed rakeback. this is crap at low limits, but for big players it's quite good and fast to clear (especially shorthanded). affiliates have also started to offer additional rakeback on the side as well for new signups.

I think interest in Doyle's site has gone down a little since SS2 was released in stores. however as a whole, Tribeca has been adding skins at an aggressive pace which should make for a decent player pool to Magoo off of, regardless of which site you log in from.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:19 PM

Do you know of any affiliates doing rakeback or gifts for Doyles Room? I looked the other day and the only one I could find was Pokerlistings and it sucked. Basically needed twice the Action points you normally would need.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the info. I had no idea how big Tribeca was until I checked their web site. Despite the name (reference New York City) it looks like it's a Euro-focused software firm. The few firms providing most of the clients must be making huge money. It's my first time on one of their sites and I do like their software. We'll see how I feel in a month or two.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:33 PM

I try to never use or recommend pokerlistings. they are generally out for themselves and not the players based on those overinflated bonuses with crappy back end WR's.

however, they do have a bigger bonus for Doyle's than other affiliates, and 100 action points per bonus dollar is standard (many skins actually require 125 points per). I did notice in the actual site review it says 200 action points per, that's obviously ridiculous but check with doyle's directly since their site link says 100/per. also keep in mind that you have to clear the entire $250 in contributed rake before you are awarded anything. at low limits this will take an eternity, but short handed $2/4 and up plus playing 2-3 tables it becomes somewhat tolerable.

I've seen 20% rakeback offers starting to pop up for Doyle's and Golden Palace on the RRR site. I don't know any swag affiliates that are set up for Doyle's Room, but a few of the big prize sites do carry GP.

on Tribeca network, since you never get more in bonus than you give back of rake in the process, these sites are not "building a bankroll" or "bonus wh*ring" type of deals. rather, it's a good rebate opportunity for higher limit players who can make a killing off the fishes in actual games.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:46 PM

How many poker rooms feed into this network? I had never heard this was a skin before. How many tables would I expect to find going at say, PL50 (what I like to play)? Thanks. 'Stosh
Old 05-17-2005, 12:11 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=2344368

not too much PL action on there beyond a few micro tables. I'd say player traffic overall is about 70% NL and 30% LHE.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=2344368

not too much PL action on there beyond a few micro tables. I'd say player traffic overall is about 70% NL and 30% LHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

There tends to be a PL .10/20 game going during US day time I have seena .5/1 going but that was it. NL there is always quite a few games going at most of the small to middle limits. Limit tends to be quieter generally a penny limit going and maybe 1 3/6 or 4/8 game going UK evenings the 10/20 game tends to get going.

PLO pot limit there is a penny game going that if you know how to play is very fishy (I dont know how to play properly so I am a donater there). Most people sit donw with $2-5 but there is money to be made in it if on a smaller bankroll.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:36 AM

Actually with the Poker Listings bonus, you have to accumulate 50,000 AP's before the bonus is released even though you get it at 20,000. The 25% normal sign up bonus or SS2 is released at 10k points. 50k isn't hard to get to though. I have a flop seen % around 21% full ring and 35% 6 handed and I'm over 4k points in about 6 hours of play now. All on 2/4 and 3/6 limit.