Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: \"In the beginning, there was Flying Spaghetti Monster\"

Hi guys - The attack of the wikipedia pastes...ahhhhh!

You are both asking a lot of questions and making a lot of points. I posted a lot in another thread on this topic and made my final post there, so I'll make a final post in this thread and perhaps in a few days open another one. Some of the questions to me here are trying to get me to defend the second best position on a topic rather than the best position (in my mind anyway). My challenge with a new thread is a topic that is specific enough so that fragmented debates do not erupt (probably they will in any case).
So let me just make one final point.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My beef is with the teaching of the Neo-Darwinian model of evolution as essentially factual.

[/ QUOTE ]

No science is taught as an essential fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooops - time out. I need to bring up something you said earlier......

[ QUOTE ]
Evolution is a fact.....

[/ QUOTE ]

back to your most recent post..

[ QUOTE ]
A scientific theory must have a dynamic nature and i doubt any scientists feel they have ever theorized any essential facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe evolution is a fact then .....??

By the way I think its possible to reconstruct what you are getting at with all of your statements here into a position that I would agree with. However that position would not include the insistance that any notion of design in nature has the same level of absurdity as a spaghetti monster. I think if I had encountered a forum full of religious creationists I'd be helping you reconstruct that argument.

I'll leave you guys with the last word on this thread.

Good luck at the poker tables.......