Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 AM

Default T8o

Villian (SB) is a little loose and fairly aggressive (25/9/3). His WSD% / W$SD numbers are pretty average (33/50).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Good place to float?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: T8o

I fold the flop.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 AM

I would fold or raise this. With certain players I will peel one off because they will often c/f the turn if they havn't hit anything. This villian however seems likely to bet every street on air, so calling and hoping to improve seems like the worst option to me, since we don't have any showdown value.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 AM

If you are playing this preflop (and often I will here) I think folding this flop is wrong.

I especially like (for a bluff) waiting for the turn, because I will often do this with top pair. If you will never do this with top pair, many opponents will look you up with an ace.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:55 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

if you have a good read on sb or you know he can lay a hand down. i guess your plan is to pop the turn. IMO a float is very dependent on your opponent and your opponent's image of you and how you play your good/strong hands. this could be viewed by sb as a blind battle, so i would have my reservations about this particular scenario being profitable long-term without a specific read.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:03 PM

I think waiting to pop the turn with a hand like this is a great way to make an expensive mistake. I would rather do this when I am okay with showing down my hand (since we will likely get a free showdown). Small PP's, Ax type hands.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are playing this preflop (and often I will here) I think folding this flop is wrong.

I especially like (for a bluff) waiting for the turn, because I will often do this with top pair. If you will never do this with top pair, many opponents will look you up with an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I fold preflop, which I would have done.