Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 12:35 AM

Default Tip from a pro

5 handed PP 15-30. I just sat down and have no notes on the player in question, but in the last hand he called a capped turn with a gutshot and hit it, beating 2 sets. He is to my immediate left. Wheeeeee. We will call him "el douchey"

I recieve 2 black kings on my first hand in the BB. El Douchey raises and its folded back to me (incredible i know). I 3 bet and he caps. The flop is 229 rainbow. I check raise him, he 3 bets and i cap it. the River is a J completing the rainbow. I lead, and again it is capped. River is another J. i lead, he raises, and for some reason something deep inside of me says "hey big fella, why don't you slow down there". I call. He rolls KJ. Not the worst beat ever, and since i expected it from a player like him i put it out of my mind. These things happen. Your ok with it, im ok with it. After folding my SB i look down into the chat box and notice this little ditty from El douche

"Hey (insert PP name), tip from a pro: overplaying kings is one of the number one ways to lose money in this game."

Other than his grammatical accuracy (how often do you see a colon used correctly in a PP chatbox), the audacity of his comment is what catches my eye. I file this little nugget away.

Jump ahead about an hour,we are now 6 handed, but the douche is still on my left, and is now up about 2.5 g's, luckily no more of it mine, but he has put a brutal beat on just about everyone else at the table.

I am the button and am dealt the 78 of diamonds. It is folded to me, and having not played a hand in quite some time try to cash in on my image with a steal. El douchey, however, is having none of it and 3 whacks out of the SB. The BB tosses it and i call, mainly for spite. With this guy there is also a chance my hand is good, but "spite was said".

The flop comes A of spades and 56 of diamonds. El douchey checks, and i bet. He raises, and that voice from before says "just cap it", and I comply, as i dont deal well with peer pressure.

The turn, the 9 of diamonds. El douchey immediately fires. After putting on a new pair of shorts, i raise, and the pot is eventually capped. The river brings the 9 of spades, and El douchey leads again. Capped.

I fold my next hand and see El douchey is back at the chat box discussing, somewhat critically, my play of the last hand. I feel bad for the guy, given the fisting i just gave him, so I type

"Tip from a pro: overplaying aces is one of the number one ways to lose money in this game"
Old 12-13-2004, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Tip from a pro

ni han!

i dont think you should be raising the blinds here with 78s against a maniac who is probably hoping you raise so he could 3bet you with any 2 cards.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:26 AM

Post of the day!!!!
Congrats! More than makes up for that beat with the kings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 12-13-2004, 12:35 PM

After putting on a new pair of shorts....

HAHAHAHA
Old 12-13-2004, 05:16 PM

Yeah. That's hilarious.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:22 PM

Seems a bit harsh not to give out this guy's name [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2004, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am the button and am dealt the 78 of diamonds. It is folded to me, and having not played a hand in quite some time try to cash in on my image with a steal. El douchey, however, is having none of it and 3 whacks out of the SB. The BB tosses it and i call, mainly for spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does spite really have anything to do with it getting 5.5:1 with a suited connector and position?
Old 12-13-2004, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am the button and am dealt the 78 of diamonds. It is folded to me, and having not played a hand in quite some time try to cash in on my image with a steal. El douchey, however, is having none of it and 3 whacks out of the SB. The BB tosses it and i call, mainly for spite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... you don't call for spite there, you call because folding would be horrible.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:50 PM

great post i love that kind of crap
Old 12-13-2004, 06:52 PM

ill be in the minority and say your post was pretty boring and a waste of time to read. please post this in a more appropriate forum next time.