Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Whats the consensus on gay min bets postflop?

Depends on the donk. Soemtimes, nuts, sometimes nutting. I love when you have a marginal hand though with players left to act and a donk mini-bets into a large pot in front of you. It's just wonderful.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes if i know my oppoents are super aggressive and i have the huts, i mini bet, expecting him to try and force me out
like flopping a boat with a flush draw, i mini bet hoping they hit there flush cause i know'll they'll bet big when they get it
i mini raised a guy on the river twice just to aggrevate him, and it got him to push, which is what i was hoping he'd do

[/ QUOTE ]

there's always some retard who uses the min-bet as a "more expensive check-raise" trying too hard to be clever... IN other words he ALWAYS min-bets, than simply re-raises if someone re-raises him and he's got the nuts or something.

This tactic fails, b/c most likely, the min-bets that are wrong add up. I have no idea why ppl use this tactic, but someone always eats them alive when they try it.

by the way, i hit "quote" instead of "reply" I'm not referring to the OP, nor the person i'm "quoting" as a "retard". I'm referring to "Retards" that do this as "Retards". So if you don't do it, i'm not referring to you... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

ALl love, all love to all..
Old 11-23-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sometimes if i know my oppoents are super aggressive and i have the huts, i mini bet, expecting him to try and force me out
like flopping a boat with a flush draw, i mini bet hoping they hit there flush cause i know'll they'll bet big when they get it
i mini raised a guy on the river twice just to aggrevate him, and it got him to push, which is what i was hoping he'd do

[/ QUOTE ]

there's always some retard who uses the min-bet as a "more expensive check-raise" trying too hard to be clever... IN other words he ALWAYS min-bets, than simply re-raises if someone re-raises him and he's got the nuts or something.

This tactic fails, b/c most likely, the min-bets that are wrong add up. I have no idea why ppl use this tactic, but someone always eats them alive when they try it.

by the way, i hit "quote" instead of "reply" I'm not referring to the OP, nor the person i'm "quoting" as a "retard". I'm referring to "Retards" that do this as "Retards". So if you don't do it, i'm not referring to you... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's usually easy to adjust to this, btw... Drawing hands go up in value... Simply call his min-bets if you're on a draw. If you have a made-hand, re-raise him, he'll fold. If you have only a semi-made hand, and no chance of improvement, fold.. Let him win his min-pot... Most likely he has a min-dick... ok ok... anyways, these kind of things add up in your favor...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's usually easy to adjust to this, btw... Drawing hands go up in value... Simply call his min-bets if you're on a draw. If you have a made-hand, re-raise him, he'll fold. If you have only a semi-made hand, and no chance of improvement, fold.. Let him win his min-pot... Most likely he has a min-dick... ok ok... anyways, these kind of things add up in your favor...

[/ QUOTE ]

then make a smart-ass comment like "THe LIMIT TABLE'S OVER THERE....."
Old 11-23-2005, 02:58 AM

ehehehee