Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: I guess it\'s time to get it all in -- flop bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not making this play against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's the part that I don't like. There are just way too many fish out there who will call this with a draw, A high, a naked 3, etc.

You never know when villain is going to turn out to be a tricky LAG with T3. His weak flop bet just might have been a deliberate attempt to induce just this type of raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, against an unknown it is standard. The $8 flop lead in these games USUALLY means I have a weak a two pair, I want to put a bet out there and see what happens. If I was playing a KNOWN quantity, such as someone that I know to be a strong, tricky player, I would just muck.

[ QUOTE ]
this point may have merit, but you also lose your stack when you donk it away aginst a set, two pair or any number of better hands. To me this seems to be a very limited play which may work against one or two opponents, however a good player at the table will see thorugh this and may be able to get into a situation to easily stack you.

[/ QUOTE ]

In no limit I'm trying to win monster pots. I think that the extra 25BB that I'm putting unnecessarily at risk can EASILY be made up for by winning a 200BB+ pot off one of the other players in the game.

Even if they suspect that I'm setting them up for a big value bet, they are still almost powerless against it. How could anyone fold AQ on a Qxx board against me?