Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Grandgnus Limit Hold \'Em Strategy: Learn From The Master

Given my dominating performance in our 2-4 Limit Hold 'Em cash game last night, I figured I'd offer up some free insight into the mind of a poker great.

Grandgnu raised with 7/8 SOOTED from out of position before the flop? Crazy you say? An advanced play that only a master pro with zero fear (like myself) could pull off.

And I'll teach you how to do it in just a few easy steps:

Step 1: Play 2-4, it doesn't hurt so much

Step 2: Spend years developing an image as a player who only raises with A/J suited or better

Step 3: Get some suckers, like any tall guy named Joe you can find, and any LAG Samoan friends you may have.

Step 4: Raise pre-flop from out of position with SOOTED connectors. If the flop comes down with high cards, bet, they're going to put you on the goods. If the flop comes down rags, you've likely hit a piece of hit, bet, they'll think you've got a pocket pair. And if they put you on A/K and think you haven't hit the flop, they'll pay you off!

Step 5: Have the flop provide you with a gutshot straight draw, a flush draw AND a gutshot straight-flush draw.

Step 6: Bet, bet, and bet some more. Catch your gutshot draw on the river and bet, any Samoan friends at the table WILL call you. They just cannot put you on this hand.

Step 7: Scoop the pot and laugh your way to the bank.

Step 8: Rinse, repeat.

Learn how to not value-bet your pocket Aces on the river against weak opposition. Learn how to call four-bets cold with 2/5 offsuit. Amaze your friends with inane banter and endless chatter that is sure to fry their very synapses!

These and other great tips can all be yours in my upcoming book:

Play Poker Like The Schmoes: Real Tips From The Suckout Masters

I'm working with Mason to get this published by Fall. Also, I'm going to undercut JoeTalls coaching fee, and I'll only charge $43.95/hr to teach you how to play like me.

Why should I pay you $43.95/hr Grandgnu, you ask? It's simple, really. I have a proven track record. Are you going to have some tall guy who plays online teach you how to play like a Schmoe? Of course not.

You need a guy like me, who's posted a $40 win rate in just over a couple of hours of playing against the best that Central Mass has to offer. It's money well spent, I guarantee it!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: Grandgnus Limit Hold \'Em Strategy: Learn From The Master

AJ,

They way you were playing, I thought you had a copy of this:

Old 04-24-2005, 01:08 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Grandgnus Limit Hold \'Em Strategy: Learn From The Master

Heh heh, nice. What can I say? I'm a friggin maniac with rock tendencies?

And I DID catch A/J about seventeen times while we played.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL Central MA 2+2 Challenge Thread

Like Ilya, I'm glad I took off my robe and slippers and crawled out of my online cave as well. Us country boys don't even have pizza delivery. I am still thrilled with some of the things you city folk take for granted.....

It was a bit of a long day. Towards the end of the after game I really did reach for my mouse to find out what percentage of flops I was seeing.......

thanks Dan and all,

dr. Jekyl
Old 04-24-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: FUTURE TOURNEY THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still wondering if I made the correct fold when I raised preflop (not that I ever did that before [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) after AJ limped.

You called in the BB and the flop came:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

AJ bet out into me (not that he ever did that before [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) I raised, you called 2 cold, AJ folded.

The turn was the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

YOu checked, I checked.

The river was a blank, you bet and I folded KQ.

Great meeting you Toro, good to put a name with the face after all this time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, your live game play is impeccable. I love the way you use bets and/or raises to either save bets on the turn when you are behind or collect extra bets when you are ahead.

You played that hand perfectly. I had AJo in the blind and was setting you up for a check raise on the turn but you wouldn't co-operate. You lost the minimum on that hand.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Hey Joe

I got to know. What did you have when I folded face up ATs to your reraise? AK, JJ, 99 or J9o?

A year ago reading your posts I used to just think you were crazy, that was until I stopped playing weak tight [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I look forward to finding you in a limit game someday.

Ghettorat
Old 04-24-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Bragging Rights...I Got em!

Congrats Kdog. I made an awful push, knowing I was behind and hoping you didn't have a pair. Figured you would have folded anything less then AK. Its no excuse, but I was looking to get things over with.

Thanks, Dan. I had a great time and would love to do it again. Next time I won't make dinner plans. You guys are fun, but man we need to add a couple more people willing to throw chips around.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Uh...Is Anyone Up For A 2nd Event?????

Haven't gotten much interest in my thread about hosting the 2nd event. Was it my constant chatter or my extreme shortness that put you guys off? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Please feel free to post in the new thread, let me know your thoughts: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=
Old 04-24-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Uh...Is Anyone Up For A 2nd Event?????

I think everyone's recuperating....

Oh, and by the by.....when we were in that cash game and you took down a fairly big 4 person pot with AJ(2nd pair/top kick), I folded AK on the turn, even though I was up huge from that AA vs QQ fiasco and could have easily afforded a call, and almost puked when the king rivered. Doink.

Anyway, all I can think about right now is Daisley II at SlowPlayRays's this Sat.

Put me on the list just to save my spot.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Uh...Is Anyone Up For A 2nd Event?????

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone's recuperating....

Oh, and by the by.....when we were in that cash game and you took down a fairly big 4 person pot with AJ(2nd pair/top kick), I folded AK on the turn, even though I was up huge from that AA vs QQ fiasco and could have easily afforded a call, and almost puked when the king rivered. Doink.

Anyway, all I can think about right now is Daisley II at SlowPlayRays's this Sat.

Put me on the list just to save my spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, thanks and good luck!