Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Bill O\'Reilly

[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason FoxNews viewers score the absolute worst in surveys on public knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a source, or is this one of those "it's ok to make up facts because it supports the liberal media agenda" things?
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There's a reason FoxNews viewers score the absolute worst in surveys on public knowledge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a source, or is this one of those "it's ok to make up facts because it supports the liberal media agenda" things?

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino = Bill O'Reilly
Old 10-19-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Fox doesn't make up facts? Or for that matter, who doesn't make up facts? 99% of statistics are not true including the one I just mentioned.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jon Stewart is a bigger douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of whether or not I agree with Stewart's politics, the above quote is one of the most untrue things I've recently read.

It's extremely difficult to be a bigger douche than Bill O'Reilly, and Jon Stewart doesn't even come close.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tonypaladino = Bill O'Reilly

[/ QUOTE ]

You caught me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic O'Reilly

[/ QUOTE ]

this deserves a "Would You Do Her" poll.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saw him on The Daily Show. He's such a douche. Why can't he lighten up?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has mastered the art of sounding smart, while actually being an idiot. Instead of presenting facts and logical arguments when his guest says something he disagrees with, he makes a sarcastic jab and rolls his eyes at the camera.

[/ QUOTE ]

jon stewart is a comedian. if his act is rolling eyes, and the act is funny, he's done his job well. if his act is sounding smart while saying idiotic things, he's done his job very well. if you think he has a political agenda because you counted the number of republican jokes vs. democrat jokes... well... his show is clearly not for you.

o'reilly is a self-proclaimed reporter/journalist. (even though he's said that it is a "news analysis" program which i can only imagine excuses him from covering anything he doesn't like.) if he says something that's demonstratably (word?) a lie, it's not comedy, it's the definition of being-a-douche.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Fox doesn't make up facts? Or for that matter, who doesn't make up facts?

[/ QUOTE ]

facts-shmacts. you can prove anything with facts that's even remotely true.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saw him on The Daily Show. He's such a douche. Why can't he lighten up?

[/ QUOTE ]

He has mastered the art of sounding smart, while actually being an idiot. Instead of presenting facts and logical arguments when his guest says something he disagrees with, he makes a sarcastic jab and rolls his eyes at the camera.

[/ QUOTE ]

jon stewart is a comedian. if his act is rolling eyes, and the act is funny, he's done his job well. if his act is sounding smart while saying idiotic things, he's done his job very well. if you think he has a political agenda because you counted the number of republican jokes vs. democrat jokes... well... his show is clearly not for you.

o'reilly is a self-proclaimed reporter/journalist. (even though he's said that it is a "news analysis" program which i can only imagine excuses him from covering anything he doesn't like.) if he says something that's demonstratably (word?) a lie, it's not comedy, it's the definition of being-a-douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't thing Stewart had a political agenda, then you are in idiot. It has nothing to do with "counting jokes"

To set some things straight:
1. I never said Jon Stewart wasn't a good comedian, he's hillarious, and I find him very entertaining. He's also a douche.
2. I'm not defending Bill O'Reilly.
3. I am defending fox news viewers.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you actually challenging someone to provide a random sample of 10 FoxNews viewers and a random sample of 10 NPR viewers and quizzing them on current political events? are you actually arguing that the NPR viewers would do worse?

or perhaps you are arguing that Comedy Central viewers are douches who don't get the real story.