Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Comments on TSP\'s private game with Dcfir, schneids, alexsem etc.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It should be obvious, that against smart, thinking players, you must vary your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

or that against smart thinking players you dont vary your play...

i try it all.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Because if he knows that you know. . .
Old 08-16-2005, 09:03 PM

i definately think i could have played much better.

i took a few bluffs too far and definately checkraised at somepoint unprofitably.

there was 1 hand vs. thederelict though that im still smiling about. i dont know who thederelict is but i can say i enjoyed this play very much.

i raise JJ he 3bets from the CO i cap.

flop is Kx2 i bet he raises i call. the turn is a non important card and i dont remember the turn action. it eiether went me betting him raising and me calling or much more likely me checking and calling.

the river paired the K, i checked and raised derelict's bet. he had 99 and called my river c'r.

one hand vs. TSP early in the session before my pool game i had 98s on the button and raised, TSP, as he loves to do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], 3 bets me and i cap.

the flop is KTx he checkraised me and i called his bet, the turn was a 6 and i raised his bet and he folded. i had been playing tight up to this point and was going to show this hand down if it came to that. TSP's 3betting hand range here is wide enough that i clearly will get him to fold enough of the time + the image id get if it was shown down to raise the turn. i planned on calling a 3bet and folding the river UI.

one bad play i remember is i opened KJo in the hijack and was 3bet by the derelict again. flop was not threatening and i checked and folded. i think i should have peeled here given the excessive amount of action derelict was giving me.

im sure there are many more bad plays i did that i dont immediately remember as well as odd plays because i was changing up my game very very quickly and repeatedly.

-Barron
Old 08-16-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It should be obvious, that against smart, thinking players, you must vary your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i try it all.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I probably played as straight forwardly as anybody and only really ran one bluff for the session.

Schneids opens UTG, Fianchetto calls from the SB and I call from the BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Fianchetto checks, I bet, Schneids raises, Fianchetto folds, I 3-bet, Schneids calls.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, Schneids calls

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Schneids folds.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:00 PM

Posts like these make me very very happy you and I no longer play on the same tables.

Great thought out post skp, and hopefully when you have time you will post more.

Lawrence
Old 08-16-2005, 11:04 PM

I think this is a classic case of people playing much smaller than they typically do.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i try it all.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I probably played as straight forwardly as anybody and only really ran one bluff for the session.

Schneids opens UTG, Fianchetto calls from the SB and I call from the BB w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Fianchetto checks, I bet, Schneids raises, Fianchetto folds, I 3-bet, Schneids calls.

Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, Schneids calls

River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet, Schneids folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you had the best hand here. In fact, I'm pretty certain.
Old 08-16-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, as I said, I don't play short games so I could be way off on this: Someone in the other thread scoffed at TSP coldcalling a raise with QJ off. IMO, there is nothing wrong with the play at all. The reason why we don't coldcall with QJ in ring games is because of domination. That's not really a concern in the 6 max games given the raiser's broad raising standards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi skp,

I think it is a mistake even in a 6 handed game and I am surprised few have chimed in so I started a thread here to discuss it a bit more.

BTW, I am not sure how your online play is going but I remember not too long ago you had some questions regarding pokertracker, etc. Many people advised playing 6 max for SH experience and I always sort of ignored it. The last 60K hands I have played only SH and I think the experience has been a huge help for live play as well where games often get short. If you haven't played any 6max, swing through for a bit. It will only make your already strong game even stronger.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:40 AM

my favorite hand:

Seat 3: DcifrThs1 ( $1670 )
Seat 4: CRYMPAYZ ( $1826.50 )
Seat 5: CrowdedCondo ( $972 )
Seat 6: X_B_R ( $1581 )
Seat 1: CreativeFcuk ( $2253 )
Seat 2: daryn ( $1381.50 )

CreativeFcuk posts small blind [ $10 ].
daryn posts big blind [ $15 ].

dealt to daryn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

FOLD DcifrThs1
FOLD CRYMPAYZ
RAISE CrowdedCondo, $30
FOLD X_B_R
FOLD CreativeFcuk
CALL daryn , $15

flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CHECK daryn
BET CrowdedCondo, $15
RAISE daryn , $30
CALL CrowdedCondo, $15

turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BET daryn , $30
CALL CrowdedCondo, $30

river: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CHECK daryn
BET CrowdedCondo, $30
RAISE daryn , $60
FOLD CrowdedCondo

daryn does not show cards.
daryn wins $277
Old 08-17-2005, 01:29 AM

Fun game, sort of.

Scheids rivered me 5 times or so. CRYZ outkicked me another 5.

Down 1500$/50BB is quite annoying considering I think I adjusted to the game very well.

There were a lot of brave bluffs, some really coragious retarded stuff hta would hardly ever fly, like river raising with nothing.

Otherwise let me know when the next game starts, I seek my 1500$ back.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:03 AM

Well [censored], if we are doing these...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]