Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 02:30 AM

Default AA hand **EDIT: now featuring an actual hand!**

Two limpers slightly loose, haven't gotten out of line postflop yet.

I have odds to peel one off here against two-pair. Anyone think the board is too coordinated to be drawing for aces up? Fear the lone 6?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero?
Old 07-16-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Re: AA hand **EDIT: now featuring an actual hand!**

Honestly, I'm in favor of raising the turn. I think A7 takes MP2's line a lot, putting you on big cards that didn't hit. If you get 3-bet, fine, call down, or maybe fold to a river bet, but I'm not quite convinced that you're behind yet.

Do you have any clue what these jokers have? I sure don't.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any clue what these jokers have? I sure don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least one of them has a 6. As much as I hate to, I think you have to fold here.

-Jaran
Old 07-16-2005, 04:30 AM

Wow, that turn is tough. I raise this every time heads up, but with MP1 its tougher. If it was two back to you, its a clear fold. But, MP1's check raise takes on an interesting dimension when you just call. He may have hit an 8, and decides to check call, then when he sees you just call, he decides to check raise thinking you have AK and assuming MP2 has a 7.

But as I think about that, it just seems so unlikely. It feels so weak to fold here on the turn with AA for one bet, but it feels prudent when half the outs you are drawing to are invisible, and a great deal of the time you are at best drawing to a split if a 6 falls and no one has a 9.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:54 AM

(grunching)
Oof, that's a toughie. Obviously MP1 can beat top pair. If MP1 were very loose I could suspect 87 here and maybe see the river, but if he's not then I'd say he has the straight and we're done. Sucks, but AA can't win 'em all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 06:23 AM

Ooh, for some reason, I didn't notice that check/raise by MP1. I tend to agree with Jaran in this spot. It blows, but there's gotta be a six or a set or two pair somewhere out there. Since you're not sure what your outs are, it's pretty hard to continue in the hand. If you do, you're folding the river with anything worse than aces up, and you're probably just calling if you make your set.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:05 AM

fold preflop. AA has terrible reverse-implied odds.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop. AA has terrible reverse-implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against one guy who may have 2pr and may have a 7 with a good kicker, and another guy who may have a 6 or may have 2 pair or a set... you can't really tell what cards are going to give you the best hand.

I'm really leaning towards folding this, as I have no idea how many outs you have (if any). However, feel free to crunch some numbers and let us know what your expected outs against the two hands are. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If they give you enough odds, definitely call.

So, I guess my answer is, "I don't know if you should call, but if you should, call."

Edit: and you know how to work that out, with hand distributions adjusted for likelihood of playing in that manner, then a weighted average of outs, etc. THAT will tell you if you should call, then you have to start crunching again when calculating if you're betting the river, and then if you're folding to a raise or calling.

Poker's hard. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

--Dave.

Re-Edit:

I'm just going to repeat what I said: "I'd fold."... but that's the easy answer.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:07 PM

Grunch-O-rama

Pre-flop: Standard.
Flop: Good job protecting your aces.
Turn: MP1 is very likely on his strait. Even an A (which is 22:1 and you have 10:1 from the pot) won't help you if you are already behind.

Fold.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:43 PM

Fold the turn in the first bet.