Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Searching Archives

I'd like to read some of the older threads in this forum. I go to "Older Archives" (link in the left column) and it shows stuff from 2000-2001. Where are older threads?

Then I click the link for "recent archives". I get a list of all the forums, with dates ending 7/14/05. Where are the threads from 7/14 to today? This forum, for instance, only goes back a few weeks. That's several months missing.

What's worse is THERE AREN'T ANY THREADS IN THE "RECENT ARCHIVES" AT ALL! The forum titles are there, but if you click on a forum, you get nada.

So where are all the old threads???

Thanks.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Searching Archives

Down at the bottom there's a box that says something about the date. Change that box to say 'all dates'. That should open up the 'in between' archives.

b
Old 11-23-2005, 06:26 PM

At first I thought you were a genius (you still might be, who knows). I did what you suggested and a whole bunch of threads came up. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] they are all from before 7/14/05 (except for 2 threads from August, which is also weird).

Where are all the threads from Aug, Sept, and Oct 2005?
Old 11-24-2005, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are all the threads from Aug, Sept, and Oct 2005?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not in the archives yet. Too recent. They're on the current board. You should be able to find stuff just by going to the normal search function.

To make it easier, highlight the forum you want to search in instead of just 'all forums'.

b
Old 11-24-2005, 02:19 AM

When you go to the older archives page, you do see a bunch of digests by month from earlier years. But at the top of the page there is also a link which says to click it for "recent" archives. That is where the stuff in between is.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:21 AM

Thanks guys. But maybe I'm not making myself clear. Let me try asking it this way:

Without using the search function, can anyone point me to where I can browse through all the Books and Publications threads from September and October of this year?
Old 11-24-2005, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys. But maybe I'm not making myself clear. Let me try asking it this way:

Without using the search function, can anyone point me to where I can browse through all the Books and Publications threads from September and October of this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the bottom of books and pub switch 'show' to 'active 3 months'. You can even go further, I think. Then you can page back through using the 'next' button at the bottom.

To skip a couple pages, also at the bottom, there are pages listed. (ie..1,2,3,4,5,6...) Click on say, 4 and see where about's that puts you datewise if you want to skip.

Hope this helps.

b
Old 11-26-2005, 03:41 AM

It DOES help; thanks! I guess both the "normal" and the "archive" forums have that feature (although the actual available date range varies depending on where the archives' end date is).