Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 07:09 AM

Default Re: Please Help Me Fix My Game: It\'s Broke

Yep good point, I should have mentioned that. I played 2 tables one time when I was getting cold decked, but you miss a lot when you ignore tables or try to get a little information from all of them. Sticking to 1 or 2 when you aren't clearing is good advice.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 AM

I won't be playing any more than two normally. I haven't played more than two besides for clearing this current bonus and the very first time I played 6max which was to clear a bonus about 4 months ago. I recognize that as a mistake because at that time I was clueless about the differences between full ring and six max.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:32 AM

You're way too loose from the SB and the BB for this game, and it shows. Work on your blind play. A lot.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Please Help Me Fix My Game, It\'s Broke

You are over-defending, but your numbers aren't obscene. I would aim for fold bb in the upper 50's and fold sb in lower 80s. Maybe defend a lil less until you have a better feel for it.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:33 AM

You are laggy preflop, defend you BB too much, too aggressive post-flop, fold too often to a river bet....

Running bad too.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 AM

Too loose too agro

32/18 does not work at 1/2 aim for 25/15.

You are way too loose in the blinds 50% in SB is rediculous.

Your BB defense is way to loose for 1/2, people at this limit do not steal. I think 65% or so would be about right.

Checkraise more 0.5% is not enough 1.5% is good.

And fold the river less 50% is too high.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:55 PM

Hi Tom. I think I may have played against you this weekend while clearing the Empire reload. Is your Empire name something similar to your 2+2 screename, only involving a geographic location? (As soon as I saw "you" at Empire I immediately made the connection since you post in the micro forum all the time.) The guy who I think was you had stats in line with what you've posted here -- kind of LAGtastic.

If I'm putting two and two together correctly I can take a look at the hands you played at that table. I definitely remember one that I thought was overplayed.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
32/18 does not work at 1/2 aim for 25/15.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why though? I mean sure you cannot run them over when you miss because they don't fold. On the other hand they are limping with trash and play badly postflop so shouldn't you aim to play quite a few marginal hands here? It seems strange that you should play less hands against worse players playing worse starting hands.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:27 PM

I think a lot of the people who are commenting on your stats are judging them based on what is correct for a 5/10 or 10/20 game. You can play looser at 1/2 since your opponents are so passive and loose and bad.

I actually think 32 vpip might be close to optimal in a game like 1/2. You can complete more in the SB than at 5/10 for instance since there are fewer unraised pots and more multiway pots (also it's a more favorable blind structure). You can also call a raise more out of the BB because there often are some cold-callers in front of you, so it's often OK to come along with any two suited.

Your stats don't look way out of skew. You're running bad. Play some more and if you still are losing come back. Post some hands you aren't sure of.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is your Empire name something similar to your 2+2 screename, only involving a geographic location? I can take a look at the hands you played at that table.

[/ QUOTE ] Hi jr,
Ya, my Empire name is the same as my 2+2 name. Brooks stands for Brooklyn. Thanks for taking a look.