Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Party 15-30 turn decision

It's good for him in a semi-bluff sort of way. As in he's representing having a Jack with his flop bet and turn follow thru, it also makes it less likely his opponents have a Jack.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:01 PM

A4 is calling down, turn cold caller may have flush draw bigger than yours but it's only one more bb to call so you call. 3 betting is spewing, folding is weak tight. you call.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A4 is calling down, turn cold caller may have flush draw bigger than yours but it's only one more bb to call so you call. 3 betting is spewing, folding is weak tight. you call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw it. This situation will never come up enough to ever know the true answer. The right response is to turn off your computer and watch some TV.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how is the turn a good card for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

A jack makes it less likely someone else has a jack, plus a jack will normally raise the flop here.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw it. This situation will never come up enough to ever know the true answer. The right response is to turn off your computer and watch some TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, clark. Behave yourself.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Results

Well, I folded.

River was a deuce making the board Jd4d2J2. Recall I had 9d2d.

Other two guys check. bb has 47 and the other guy has 54 offsuit UTG. No idea how he can coldcall two when he could be drawing dead and I somehow fold for 1 bb when I apparently still had 14 outs.

Swell.

Either UTG is a schmuck or I am weak tight. Perhaps a little of both.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:15 AM

I haven't read any other replys yet but it seems pretty obvious to me. Here's my thought process.
you can't fold and hear is why:
1) BB could be raising with any 4, J, or middle pocket pair trying to blow off utg when a scare card comes.
2) Utg could be calling with any 4, J, 2, or PP (maybe even AA, or KK that he was waiting for the turn to pop but is now scared.
3) it's true that one of them has a higher flush draw but the likely hood of that compaired to 1 and 2 given the pot size says to me you can't fold.
so the question is do you call or raise?
well it seems to me that you are probably behind but i think you're good with any diamond (as long as it doesn't pair the kicker if someone has a jack or if htey have a larger flush draw) adn I think you're probably good with a 2 or even hitting your 9 a lot of the time here. so i'd favor calling over raising.