Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: What\'s your move here and why?

Pray tell, what info do you have at the moment?

He has bet on a KKx flop. He could have anything.

You need to raise at some point (my pref being on the turn) to know where you are in the hand.

My perception of weak tight, is someone who likes to call all the way down to the river, as they are either too weak to make a stand, or too tight to put some chips in the pot.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The third sentence in your post directly contradicts the second.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ima go against the grain here and say call. This bet is usually a weak hand such as AJ or 77 with 2-3 outs against you, so im not overly worried about giving a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not a free card. If the opponent is way behind, which I really expect him to be, then he by betting out in a semi-bluff, he has made a huge layoff to see that turn card.

By raising, I am encouraging him to check if the turn is blank, which would be correct, rather than betting out again, which is a really bad mistake if way behind.

In other words, the flop raise encourages the opponent to make the correct move whether ahead or behind.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The third sentence in your post directly contradicts the second.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't regard 'anything' as information. Information to me, allows me to close my opponents range down.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
]I don't regard 'anything' as information. Information to me, allows me to close my opponents range down.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He has <CC'd a raise PF, then bet out 1/2 pot> on a KKx flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-14-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Got a read on him? Without one, I min-raise. Without anything on that flop for him to draw to, it'll scare the [censored] out of him if he doesn't have a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he has a K. Registrar raised pre-flop, he called, making Registrar the agressor. Further, the pre-flop raise was "normal" sized. If he held KK, he would have definitely re-raised pre-flop... we can all agree on that. If he had Kx, would he open betting on the flop, or would be check and let Registrar continue his attack? His raise looks more like a probe... Raise him half his stack... OR... if not sure (like you have some read that he could be one sneaky bugger)... Double his raise.

When are you going to tell us what actually happened?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he has a K...His raise looks more like a probe... Raise him half his stack

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh
Old 12-14-2005, 06:42 PM

<font color="red"> omfg, just call down. raising is retarded because if he 3-bets his ace-high or lower pair (as plenty of people would do in a lower-limit MTT) then you're going to be making a bad fold. at the same time, he could have a K here too.

standard wa/wb situation, call down. let him keep betting his small PP or his ace high. type 'ty' on the river when he pushes with 88 and you call. </font>
Old 12-14-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Got a read on him? Without one, I min-raise. Without anything on that flop for him to draw to, it'll scare the [censored] out of him if he doesn't have a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt he has a K. Registrar raised pre-flop, he called, making Registrar the agressor. Further, the pre-flop raise was "normal" sized. If he held KK, he would have definitely re-raised pre-flop... we can all agree on that. If he had Kx, would he open betting on the flop, or would be check and let Registrar continue his attack? His raise looks more like a probe... Raise him half his stack... OR... if not sure (like you have some read that he could be one sneaky bugger)... Double his raise.

When are you going to tell us what actually happened?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM

Ok, Registrar, so how did it actually turn out?

It seems there is quite a firm line here between the calls and raises, with more calls than raises. In fact, us raisers are apparently retarded.

What did he have, and how did it finish off?