Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report May 12th-14th (Long)

Great trip report! Funny how you always have to make back what your wife dumps!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very nice report... btw Mandalay Bay has to be my favorite room in town.. with what i'd conflictly consider thee best buy-in structure for an NL game. Alot of people disagree with me here, but I find it benefical to a good player with a lower bankroll.

A few simple questions...
- The tournaments at the Sahara at 11am,7pm and 11pm.. are they every single day? $42 + $20 rebuy?
- How are the seats at IP, i'm looking to play a little limit here and there for the hell of it, but don't wanna literally bust my ass in the cheap IP doing it..

[/ QUOTE ]

The tourneys at the Sahara are every day.

The seats at the IP were fine, although my longest session was 2 hours. Also, I am inclined to agree with you about the Mandalay Bay buy in. Unfortunately it was so packed I did not stick around to play. I will make it a point to visit on my next trip.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great trip report! Funny how you always have to make back what your wife dumps!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah really funny. I told her to be extra tight at the MGM because I knew she would be eaten alive playing her normal game. As usual, she knew better. She later admitted to being out of her league but in her defense, she is becoming a better player. As I have told you before, she used to play poker like a slot machine (Max bet, pull, repeat). At least now, she is not the worst at the table. Even so, she told me on the way home that for now she would leave the big money poker to me.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I will have to disagree with your asessment of the IP staff. I found the floor ro be very accomodating, friendly and personable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure it was just a bad day for them. In any case, the Aladdin let me call in my name to the list from across town, while the IP made me walk down from my room. (I was staying at the IP.) In hindsight, it might also be that the service was so good at the Aladdin and even the MGM that the IP paled in comparison.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:52 PM

Great report!

Based on your suggestions, I think the MGM, Alladin, and Mandalay Bay will be the main rooms I check out next time in Vegas, although I still gotta check out some others. I play limit though, but a poker room is a poker room no matter the limits, as long as they have the limit you want.

I'm a youngster that likes to party too so I might have to head on over to the Rio as well. Thanks for the suggestions! Alladin wasn't even on my list before!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:01 PM

Excellent report. My friend has won a seat at the WSOP so I'll be in town that weekend for all of the loose action going on. Vegas will be Poker Central. Photoc, I will definitely be over to check out your game. Peace All!
Old 05-26-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can you smoke cigars in the palms room?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:07 PM

The MGM buy in for 1-2 no limit is 200 as well. I think that the Aladdin changed there buy-in after the MGM changed theres.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great trip report!

As a dealer at the Aladdin, I appreciate your comments and praise for our room. We are constantly trying new things (for us) to see what the players want as the business just keeps changing.

IE: raising the max buy in for 1/2 NL. Doubling the rebuy size for the 1pm tourney as of this week. The cookies are great...and remember...You can't get these cookies are Bellagio! (but you can get 2 hour wait lists)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm staying at the Aladdin from July 1st - July 5th (4 nights). I plan to play 1/2NL and some limit. Is it pretty common to have 2/4,3/6, and 4/8 going? Do you expect any long waits given the holiday weekend?