Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Danneman v Hachem

[ QUOTE ]
cardplayer messed it up big. They had Hachem having AA but in all honesty I'd rather have AdKd on this flop and situation than AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and what if you don't know your opponent has a set?
Old 11-12-2005, 12:15 AM

This is probably true, but I can see how he may have thought not talking may have been a bigger tell.

This guy has been happy go lucky "HEY IT IS AWESOME I MADE IT PAST DAY 1" If he shuts up, especially after how long it took for him to call, there's a pretty good chance Hachem thinks "This is weird for him, he usually talks alot... monster."

He just overdid it a bit and he got the same info.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:01 AM

I think danneman's play was good.

if I was danneman I didnt want the call for all my chips at THAT stage of the tournament.. even if u are a 75% favourite u dont want to be sucked out for all your chips.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if I was danneman I didnt want the call for all my chips at THAT stage of the tournament.. even if u are a 75% favourite u dont want to be sucked out for all your chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, it sucks when you're called and are only a 75% favourite
Old 11-15-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what he's talking about. This is probably the best example of even if you do get sucked out on and you played the hand perfectly, you're going to be pissed that if you get sucked out on for all your chips by someone calling on a naked flush draw at the biggest tournament in the history of the world so close to the final table. Don't be a bastard.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what he's talking about. This is probably the best example of even if you do get sucked out on and you played the hand perfectly, you're going to be pissed that if you get sucked out on for all your chips by someone calling on a naked flush draw at the biggest tournament in the history of the world so close to the final table. Don't be a bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not wanting to have a 75% chance of doubling up and having a monster chip stack heading into a final table is absolutely insane. If having a guy suck out on you would make you feel so terrible that you actually don't want him to call you shouldn't be playing in the tournament.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not wanting to have a 75% chance of doubling up and having a monster chip stack heading into a final table is absolutely insane. If having a guy suck out on you would make you feel so terrible that you actually don't want him to call you shouldn't be playing in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty for saying it better than I could
Old 11-15-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dannenman talked himself out of a call in that hand. If he shuts up and stares at the table, Hachem adds 6 more outs and calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Who asks Phil Ivey how he's doing after pushing allin?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he didn't want a call. I'm just saying that if he happened to suck out on him, it would've been REALLY painful in this situation.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy has been happy go lucky "HEY IT IS AWESOME I MADE IT PAST DAY 1" If he shuts up, especially after how long it took for him to call, there's a pretty good chance Hachem thinks "This is weird for him, he usually talks alot... monster."

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't seem like they ever played against each other before (Dannenmann asked Hachem what his name was). So Hachem may have had no idea that Dannenmann was a talker.