Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Party Pooper Horror Stories

He can't act superior then though!
Old 08-09-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Who\'s bitter?

I'm up $2,750 at other sites since Party Pooper banned me. That's my best 5-day take ever. And without any tools, thank you very much!!

I'm not bitter, I'm happy as a clam. Best $600 I ever had stolen from me.

FYI, some progress on Goal #2!!!!:

Party Poker has issued a statement that is still far from clear but it is less vague about what software is allowed and not allowed. I hope I had at least some minute effect on that happening.

There is a case of a poker site going belly up after banning a player who retaliated with an aggressive campaign to take his case public. While the site was not wrong in banning him, they screwed up their response to his campaign and it eventually led to their downfall.

I have no expectation of that happening in my case but I do hope to add some little pressure that will help the move toward better conditions for PP players. Even if I'm never again one of them.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:56 AM

Could partypooper decide to fold and then jus jack eveyones money in their account?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:11 AM

I stopped playing there because of all the multitabling rocks, and the fish would always draw out on you.

Wish there was a B&M near me : (...
Old 08-09-2005, 02:11 AM

Sure, they could go belly up and everyone's accounts would be gone. There is no escrow account, no federal guarantees. Just PP's reputation which, right now, is the best in the business.

I don't see any reason they would just up and steal everyone's money. They make a ton of money off the rake and they're not going to kill the golden goose.

But any business can go south, for many reasons. I won't be keeping any more than 2 buy-ins on any poker site from now on. All my bankroll will be in Neteller or my bank account.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:56 PM

First off there's no hope of ever improving customer service at Party Gaming. They are arrogant and complacent fools.

As for the software issue, they glibly suggest that they are willing to work out a solution with software makers, but don't have even the decency to respond to emails offering this.

They are only hurting themselves though here. They will continue to suffer losses from this. Party Poker isn't the head of the snake anymore and hasn't been for quite some time, and the online poker industry wouldn't suffer at all if it did meet with a deserving end, which won't happen anyway.

As for the player's perspective, this is not the easiest place to win at and never was really. There's a lot of fish but too many skilled players as well. I've never really played there much myself as I prefer sites with pretty much just fish [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wish nothing but the worst for these arrogant bastards and the nice thing is I'm far from alone here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

KC
(For the record not affiliated with any poker sites lest they ban me again from here hehe)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Who\'s bitter?

they didnt steal your money, read the T&Cs
Old 08-17-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Who\'s bitter?

Since I did not violate the T&Cs, yes, they did steal my money.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 PM

I may have found the reason for PP banning me and stealing my money. It's just a guess since they won't communicate with me but....

I found that I had inadvertantly left a shortcut to PE on my start menu. The program had been uninstalled and all remaining files deleted but the shortcut remained.

Sooo.... make sure you don't make the same mistake.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My goal (a definite fantasy) is to bring down Party Poker. My secondary goal (probably a fantasy) is to force Party Pooper to improve its customer relations. My immediate goal (maybe not too impossible) is to make Party Pooper the unofficial name for PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be a downer, but the likelihood of you attaining any of these goals is fairly slim.

[/ QUOTE ]
well yes but itīs worth a try!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]